Losing Internet Connectivity Intermittently

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 0Gravity, Oct 26, 2011.

  1. 0Gravity

    0Gravity

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,
    I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, if so please let me know where it needs posted!
    I have a home small network which uses both wired and wireless connections to access my cable internet...I have had this network up and running as it is with no changes for about a year or so and it has been working great, until about 3 weeks ago I started getting intermittent loss of my internet connection to all my wired and wireless devices connected to my D-Link dir-655 router, which I purchased about 1 year ago. I almost always have to reboot the router/modem if no one has accessed the internet for a while and it has been sitting Idle, but I sometimes do loose connectivity while I am using it...Although I do not have internet, it seems as if the rest of the network is fine, and I can communicate between the networked computers fine and I can access the D-Link Routers setup fine. If I take the router off line and plug my HTPC directly into the cable modem the internet connection seems fine and does not loose connectivity, so I don't think it is my cable providers issue, I believe it is something in the dir-655! When I installed the 655 and once I had it all set up the way I wanted it I saved the router configuration, so when I started having problems with it I did try to reset the router back to original and reloaded my settings thinking that maybe something got corrupted, but that made no difference.
    So I am hoping you all might have suggestions to try!

    Here is my networks configuration:

    - Roadrunner Broadband using a Scientific Atlantica DPC 2100 modem (Internet Sign-in info is in the modem)
    - D-Link DIR-655 wireless router with latest firmware revision installed.
    - HTPC Running Win7 64bit (Wired Directly to ethernet port on dir-655)
    - Office PC Also running Win7 64 (Connected to network via D-Link Wireless N adapter)

    I have enough knowledge in networking to set up a small home/office network, but that is about the limit of my networking abilities so diagnosing these types of problems I am lost, I am however pretty computer savvy so with the guidance of you network Guru's here I am hoping to fix this and learn in the process!

    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
    Mike

    0Gravity, Oct 26, 2011

  2. 0Gravity

    najamd

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Mike,
    Were you able to solve this problem because im experiencing the same issue. I have the same modem and router.
    Thanks,

    Najam

    najamd, Apr 18, 2012

  3. 0Gravity

    0Gravity

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    No I ended up replacing the router! Sorry I could not help...If you are able to figure it out please post how you did it.....I still have that router and would like to fix it as a backup!

    Thanks

    0Gravity, Apr 19, 2012