Losing Internet Connectivity Intermittently

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 0Gravity, Oct 26, 2011.

1. 0Gravity

0Gravity

Hi All,
    I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, if so please let me know where it needs posted!
    I have a home small network which uses both wired and wireless connections to access my cable internet...I have had this network up and running as it is with no changes for about a year or so and it has been working great, until about 3 weeks ago I started getting intermittent loss of my internet connection to all my wired and wireless devices connected to my D-Link dir-655 router, which I purchased about 1 year ago. I almost always have to reboot the router/modem if no one has accessed the internet for a while and it has been sitting Idle, but I sometimes do loose connectivity while I am using it...Although I do not have internet, it seems as if the rest of the network is fine, and I can communicate between the networked computers fine and I can access the D-Link Routers setup fine. If I take the router off line and plug my HTPC directly into the cable modem the internet connection seems fine and does not loose connectivity, so I don't think it is my cable providers issue, I believe it is something in the dir-655! When I installed the 655 and once I had it all set up the way I wanted it I saved the router configuration, so when I started having problems with it I did try to reset the router back to original and reloaded my settings thinking that maybe something got corrupted, but that made no difference.
    So I am hoping you all might have suggestions to try!

Here is my networks configuration:

- Roadrunner Broadband using a Scientific Atlantica DPC 2100 modem (Internet Sign-in info is in the modem)
    - D-Link DIR-655 wireless router with latest firmware revision installed.
    - HTPC Running Win7 64bit (Wired Directly to ethernet port on dir-655)
    - Office PC Also running Win7 64 (Connected to network via D-Link Wireless N adapter)

I have enough knowledge in networking to set up a small home/office network, but that is about the limit of my networking abilities so diagnosing these types of problems I am lost, I am however pretty computer savvy so with the guidance of you network Guru's here I am hoping to fix this and learn in the process!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
    Mike

0Gravity, Oct 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. 0Gravity

najamd

Hi Mike,
    Were you able to solve this problem because im experiencing the same issue. I have the same modem and router.
    Thanks,

Najam

najamd, Apr 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. 0Gravity

0Gravity

No I ended up replacing the router! Sorry I could not help...If you are able to figure it out please post how you did it.....I still have that router and would like to fix it as a backup!

Thanks

0Gravity, Apr 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question