    thanks
    Dennis

    , Nov 18, 2005

  2. Mark VB Guest

    Did you already check that this PC uses the same dns-server as your
    other PC's ?

    HTH,
    Mark Van Borm

    Mark VB, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote in @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    Your ISP has a DNS server on their network so that when you eneter
    www.yahoo.com, it looks up that www.yahoo.com and converts it to an IP.
    For some reason, that is not happening for you on that machine.

    You can do an IPconfig /all at the Command Prompt and see if the
    machine's NIC is showing valid IP(s) for the ISP's DNS servers.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 19, 2005
  4. dennis Guest

    I'll give that a shot.... thanks

    /dm

    dennis, Nov 19, 2005
  5. dennis Guest

    i'll give that a shot... thanks

    /dm

    dennis, Nov 19, 2005
  6. Fakename Guest

    Malware was my first thought too. I've seen lots of malware that does
    crap like this.

    Fakename, Nov 20, 2005