    Why?

    Thanks to the good soul..........

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Chu tanné, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Chu tanné

    chuckie® Guest

    If memory serves correctly (it's been a while since I had dial-up), there is
    a 'tick box' in Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Connections
    tab>Settings button, or mayhap it was a scrollable setting, to 'disconnect'
    if the connection is no longer used or something to that effect. You might
    want to look around there and see if this is set too low. If I recall, I
    had mine set to 60 minutes or so, otherwise the stupid thing would hang
    up...just a thought...

    chuckie®, Jun 3, 2006

  3. Chu tanné

    Thoronwen Guest

    Many email programs have a setting which causes the dialup connection to
    be closed after sending/receiving mail. Which programs do you have open
    when the connection is lost?

    If the problem persists, you might get more/better responses if you
    specify your connection type (56k, DSL, cable, etc) as well as your
    Operating System. Also give a history of the problem (is it long
    standing, or did it start after a recent change?).

    Thoronwen, Jun 3, 2006