    walking throughout the facility, and not had a problem, but the connection to
    these 2 databases keeps getting lost. The laptop is a Toshiba running Windows
    XP Pro as a client on the SBS domain. Thanks for any suggestions.

    Peggy, Apr 15, 2010

  2. Peggy

    Lem Guest

    Considering that streaming video is buffered, it isn't such a great tool
    for finding momentary dropouts.

    If the problem only occurs with one particular laptop, that suggests a
    problem with that laptop, probably with its wifi adapter and/or wifi
    antenna.

    For a simple test, install an external wifi adapter on the problem
    laptop, disable its on-board wifi adapter, and see if the problem is
    repeatable.

    For more definitive testing, you need a more professional wifi testing
    tool, such as AirMagnet's wifi analyzer
    http://www.airmagnet.com/products/wifi_analyzer/ or Fluke's AnalyzeAir
    http://www.flukenetworks.com/fnet/en-us/products/AnalyzeAir/Overview.htm

    Or, if you don't want to spend $$$, see if this search helps
    any:http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...oq=wifi+spectrum+&gs_rfai=&fp=bcdf8cbbf06dc4f

    Lem, Apr 15, 2010

  3. Peggy

    Peggy Guest

    Thanks, I will follow up on these suggestions.

    Peggy, Apr 15, 2010