    the blocklist (however, it automatically clears itself 20 hours after
    the last "offence").

    Oh well, I'll just use a different smtp server (sigh).

    Daniel, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Daniel

    Rob Guest

    Spamcop sucks. It relys on good faith, and anyone can report someone for
    spamming, hich then affects the IP address that they were sending from. If
    it is from an ISP, is affects all other users on that IP.

    Rob, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Paradise, however, regularly get listed and are slack about getting
    de-listed.
    We have more issues with them than any other ISP when it comes to clients
    at work complaining that we're "blocking" their e-mail - we don't, it just
    gets delayed coming via Paradise because they're listed more often than
    they're not.

    Matthew Poole, Aug 4, 2005
  4. Daniel

    H.O.G Guest

    Nothing new here. Paradise always seem to find themselves on the
    lists. They seem to have far more problems with this than other ISPs.

    H.O.G, Aug 4, 2005
  5. Daniel

    Philip Guest

    Which is because SpamCop is a real Bilstein of an organisation. It
    accepts and repeats anything anyone tells it. Orcon also gets clobbered.

    I wonder what will happen if someone reports Spamcop's own IP address to
    itself? Maybe they will get smarter?

    Philip

    Philip, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Being slack is only Paradise's fault. IHUG and Slingshot both seem to
    avoid extended periods of being registered, and they're of a similar size
    to Paradise.
    Unlikely. That would require a change in their model, and that seems to be
    beyond their intellectual capabilities.

    Matthew Poole, Aug 5, 2005
  7. At that very moment, Rob turned to nz.comp and said
    It takes more than one report to get on the blacklist, though.

    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 6, 2005