looks like george is'nt the only one with cheesy skin

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Betty Swallocks, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Betty Swallocks, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Betty Swallocks

    gsum Guest

    I like the reply that says "slide the Yellow slider to the
    left to about -56% or whatever percentage you like"
    -56%!!!

    Graham

    gsum, Dec 23, 2003

  3. now 56% + is cheesy

    Betty Swallocks, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Like I said, many don't understand SPP.

    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  5. While skins tones will be flawless 90% of the time (much better than the 10D
    on AWB, which is unuable), yellow skin tones can appear with the WB defaults
    under certain conditions. The workflow is simple to acheive perfect skin
    tones under those conditions every time. Some don't understand it which is
    unfortunate, but that's a particularly good thread you picked because the
    proper procedure is listed toward the bottom by David Hughes.

    The SD10's new Foveon sensor has the default WB completely reworked, and is
    by far the best of any DSLR in auto.

    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Betty Swallocks

    Todd Walker Guest

    Todd Walker, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Betty Swallocks

    imbsysop Guest

    LOL .. if my kid looked like that I would rush to the emergency ward at the
    hospital .. looks like a pretty serious liver disease to me ..

    imbsysop, Dec 23, 2003
  8. 100% guaranteed that image has absolutely perfect color when processed
    properly.

    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Betty Swallocks

    imbsysop Guest

    LOL ! you're trying far too hard to save the furniture mate .. face it ..
    the calf has drowned ..
    mane tekel fares ..

    imbsysop, Dec 23, 2003
  10. Easily tuned to perfection. Sorry.

    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  11. Betty Swallocks

    George Kerby Guest

    Care to try? Prove it, OK?

    George Kerby, Dec 23, 2003
  12. Post the RAW file. I'll need 30 seconds.

    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  13. Betty Swallocks

    Lionel Guest

    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

    The 10D AWB gets it right most of the time. The only time I have to
    tweak it is with mixed lighting situations, such as flourescent +
    halogen + flash.
    I'm sure other SD9 users would appreciate a description of the workflow
    required to render perfect skintones from an SD9 photo. Would you be so
    kind as to describe the steps involved?

    Lionel, Dec 23, 2003
  14. Jeff Zawrotny, Dec 23, 2003
  15. Betty Swallocks

    Lionel Guest

    I'm sure that whoever did the art direction for 'Life' magazine in the
    1950's would've been perfectly happy with that shot.

    Of course, we're a little fussier these days...

    Lionel, Dec 23, 2003
  16. dpreveiw.com says it is unusable. Maybe your standards could be adjusted?

    George Preddy, Dec 23, 2003
  17. Betty Swallocks

    Lionel Guest

    Really? - Where does it say that, exactly? Got a URL?
    My standards are pretty high, but that's the way I like it.

    Lionel, Dec 23, 2003
  18. well if you are not that busy Steve why not answer my question regarding
    links for all these scientists you claim are using the Sigma SD-9 for
    exploration of the universe?

    Betty Swallocks, Dec 23, 2003
  19. as usual our little lying dirtbag Georgey boy has completely mis-represented
    the facts, as he mis-represents his photos. What DPreview actually said was:

    'The [10D] pre-programmed white balances were also just average in their
    performance, no different than the EOS-D60.'

    They then explain that a manual white balance may be needed in
    difficult/mixed lighting conditions, this applies to all DSLR's including
    the SD-9/10
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos10d/page19.asp

    That does not say unusable, George once again you have exposed yourself as a
    fantasist and a crook.

    Betty Swallocks, Dec 23, 2003
  20. Isn't "dpreview.com" a URL? Here, for the homework impaired

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos10d/page19.asp
    Then it would be awfully hard to be happy with a blurry 10D. The 10D is a
    glorified P&S for those who want to look more fashionable.

    George Preddy, Dec 24, 2003