    I would appreciate any and all information on the subject.

    Thanks In Advance
    Joe

    up for the game, Jan 18, 2007

  2. up for the game

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:23:32 -0500, up for the game wrote:

    You did try? Please, please tell me you did try and find the answer
    first.

    Password Protected Directories
    http://www.seanic.net/support/pass.htm

    That would be a question for the hosting provider. You didn't say what
    the webserver software is, like MS IIS or the excellent Apache and
    ..htaccess.
    Asking your hosting provider / read the FAQ can change that 'appears
    that' to 'does allow <something> and how to .....'

    http://www.seanic.net/
    Need More Info?
    Check out our /FAQ/ for answers to common questions or visit our
    /support site/ for instructions on how to use your account and maximise
    your hosting experience.

    /see the links below/

    Customer Service is always #1.
    We strive to provide the best possible support by answering every email
    in a timely, informative and friendly manner.
    We treat our clients the same way we would want to be treated.

    http://www.seanic.net/faq/

    http://www.seanic.net/support/
    Other Information
    Password Protected Directories
    http://www.seanic.net/support/pass.htm
    Doesn't that answer your question?
    "subdirectories and passwords to be used/created at all levels"
    You didn't say if the hosting package allows subdomains, or maybe even
    what control panel app they provide.

    Me

    why?, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Well, thanks for the post.
    Yes, I did look and then sent a note similar to my post....as soon as
    I hear back I guess I will know.
    However, some of my questions were not answered in the docs online,
    and, if some weren't then I needed to find out all of them. Figured
    someone here would know the practical answers.

    Most of all, if subdirectories could be created--and I was pretty sure
    they could be--and if I could password protect them--and I thought it
    must be possible, then I additionally needed to know how one could get
    at the subdirectory level but kept from the levels above.....most
    important.

    I called another provider of mine--godaddy--and found that I could do
    all that I wanted and even a bit more.

    So, that bit plus your assistance, lets me move forward.

    Thanks for the assistance.
    Joe

    up for the game, Jan 19, 2007