    cd and dvd's a hell of a lot. or flash drives. trusted those
    before. but I wouldnt like to lose the data I want to store. say 20
    gigs or something. anyone recommend anything ?

    k9nick, Nov 13, 2007

  2. k9nick

    shane Guest

    k9nick did scribble:
    Half a dozen gmail accounts :)

    shane, Nov 13, 2007

  3. k9nick

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Amazon S3.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=16427261

    Nik Coughlin, Nov 14, 2007
  4. k9nick

    Dave Taylor Guest

    I have never used it but Mozy.com is supposed to be good. There are many
    others too. Google for review online storage.

    Dave Taylor, Nov 14, 2007
  5. k9nick

    Crash Guest

    Yep - look for the reviews.

    You might want to consider Memeo (www.memeo.com) - a little different
    in that they offer online storage integrated with a back-up client. I
    use both and have had no problems - but I have not yet tested restores
    ;-)

    C rash.

    Crash, Nov 14, 2007
  6. k9nick

    Craig Shore Guest

    There's also box.net, US$19.95 per month for 15gigs. I signed up for the free
    1gig account after a good review in a mag a long time ago, but have never
    actually used it.

    Craig Shore, Nov 14, 2007
  7. k9nick

    Gordon Guest

    No, it is ;-(

    A backup proccedure must be tested, other wise the backup is really nothing
    more than a gamble that it will work.

    Gordon, Nov 15, 2007
  8. k9nick

    -=rjh=- Guest

    http://www.adrive.com/

    50GB free; may or may not be around as long as the company is :) I
    haven't used them though.

    I reckon about 50% of the web based services I've used have gone away
    over the past year or so.

    -=rjh=-, Nov 16, 2007