    Any feedback will be appreciated.
    Thanks In Advance
    Joe

    repairs, Sep 20, 2005

  2. repairs

    doS Guest

    I use an AMD 64 3400 on a DFI Lanparty..the reason to switch is up to you. I
    do video editing, and to be honest, my other pc, a 3.06 P4 still out
    performs.

    doS, Sep 20, 2005

  3. repairs

    repairs Guest

    Thanks for the note back.
    Is the AMD 64 3400 a Socket 754 or a Socket A--I believe the LAN Party
    is a Socket A board though, so I may have answered my own question.
    Interesting....the Intel outperforms and other 'stuff' ...memory, hdd,
    etc, is about the same?

    Maybe Intel is the way to go...I have not put together or used an
    Intel machine in many years.

    I currently have an older AK75 with an Athlon XP 2200 and need to make
    a move as the MoBo has issues and figured I may as well do it somewhat
    right as this is my personal machine and is used to handle most of my
    business work too.

    Again, I appreciate the time.
    Joe

    repairs, Sep 21, 2005
  4. repairs

    doS Guest

    I am sure its a 754...the dfi board is a Lanparty UT 250.
    More money for the memory on the amd system I built, but the hyperthreading
    of the p4 seems faster for video editing.

    doS, Sep 21, 2005
  5. repairs

    repairs Guest

    Thanks for the time and input.
    I am still unsure whether A or 754--I will check with AMD on the
    onchip cache..
    Thanks again
    Joe

    repairs, Sep 23, 2005