    blue color as the background.

    So anyone here know about digital camera with such functionality?

    Thanks in advance.

    harishashim, May 22, 2006

  2. harishashim

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Why the camera? Just put a blue or magenta backdrop behind the person
    when you take their picture.

    The Canon A530/540 has a "color swap" function that can swap, say, red
    and magenta, but if you can use a red backdrop you can just as easily
    use magenta.

    Paul Rubin, May 22, 2006

  3. You can get a transparent background by post-proceesing in PSP or Photoshop.

    Dennis Pogson, May 22, 2006
  4. harishashim

    Bob Williams Guest

    I doubt that any Camera has that functionality.
    How would it know what is background and what is not?
    As Paul said, Just place a Blue background behind the subject....Done!
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 22, 2006
  5. harishashim

    tomm42 Guest

    Put a single color behind the subject, make sure it is evenly lit,
    light the subject separately. Done right you can select and remove the
    backdrop with one click in Photoshop or other image editors. You can
    probably write a function in your program to do this. But even lighting
    is the key. Oh yes the subject can't wear anything the same color as
    the background.
    This is done all the time in video production, just think of why
    weather people only make general gestures. Visit a local TV station
    they may show you how they do this.

    Tom

    tomm42, May 22, 2006
  6. harishashim

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Take pic with overexposed white background and print onto transparent
    media.

    Neil Ellwood, May 22, 2006
  7. harishashim

    ully Guest

    Or write as macro for paintshop pro that does a batch program that
    removes the background.

    ully, May 22, 2006
  8. harishashim

    Stewy Guest

    The best bet would be to choose a background colour which does not
    appear often - say a lemon yellow or exact mid-grey. Photoshop's magic
    wand can pick up these colours (with suitable tolerances). Change the
    picture to Layer 0, invert the selection and press delete. It's probably
    possible to record an action to do this.

    Digital cameras will never be smart enough to know the difference
    between background and the main subject.

    Stewy, Jun 15, 2006