  1. Jess Teasin

    Jess Teasin Guest

    Anyone know of a newsgroup where people can download software?

    Jess Teasin, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Jess Teasin

    Old Gringo Guest

    Go to your subscription window and type in software.

    Old Gringo, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Jess Teasin

    Jess Teasin Guest

    Subscription Window? I don't think I have one. I use Agent. I used
    the "find" command to search all of the newsgroups for "software" but
    I ended up with a hundred discussion groups.

    Jess Teasin, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Jess Teasin

    Old Gringo Guest

    I am using Thunderbird and when I typed in software the first one up
    was a binaries group. There were hundred of others listed also.
    Google may be your solution. Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Jess Teasin

    Old Gringo Guest

    saw this one in there also: free.binaries.software

    Old Gringo, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Jess Teasin

    trout Guest

    I hadn't heard of it (Stomp Soft), so had to have a quick look. So,
    you want to get their back-up and recovery program without paying for
    it, it seems.
    Here's a couple of reasons that this is a dumb idea.
    A. You're stating in a public forum that you want to steal
    something. If it's not a "warez" newsgroup, there are a lot of people
    that you're going to annoy by doing this. (Of course, the 'warez' groups
    are watched as well. You'd have to *start* by learning how to obscure
    your identity, and location.)
    B. Stealing stuff is, duh, against the law, which is why you'll
    find it difficult to do unless you take your chances with the 'warez'
    folk, or maybe try your luck with one of the 'peer-to-peer' programs.
    Download that 'free' program from the nice stranger.
    C. If you just tell people what you actually want to do; there are
    most likely excellent, real, *freeware* alternatives to do it; that are
    as good as, or better, than the thing that you were looking for.

    trout, Dec 24, 2004
  7. Jess Teasin

    Jess Teasin Guest

    Wellll Excuuuuuse Meeeeee :) This might amaze you but I've
    already purchased it. Your sermon had no effect on me... but maybe you
    shammed someone else that's not as holy as thou

    Jess Teasin, Dec 24, 2004
  8. Howdy!

    If you have, any particular reason why you can't just download it
    from StompSoft's web site and give it the activation key?

    *smells a fish - and I don't mean trout!*

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 25, 2004
  9. Jess Teasin

    why? Guest

    Yes.

    Is that 2 questions subject line (nearly) one and the newsgroup another
    one? Are they related?

    For subject line, you can buy from.
    http://www.stompsoft.com/

    Me