    Anyone know of a reasonably priced program that will do this?

    G.M. Durrence
    (To reply remove -nospam)

    G.M. Durrence, Apr 8, 2004

  2. You can do it with IrfanView - and it is for free.
    www.irfanview.com
    With IrfanView you also can do it in batch mode.

    Or you can probably use Adobe Illustrator. I don't think
    that you will lose any resolution. But I don't have
    Illustrator - so ...

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Apr 8, 2004

  3. G.M. Durrence

    Lucas Tam Guest

    This shouldn't be the case - must be something wrong with your DPI
    settings.

    Anyhow, try Qimage.

    Lucas Tam, Apr 8, 2004
  4. G.M. Durrence

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Hmmm. What I'd do is first convert each picture to a lossless
    format. Then I'd combine them. If you need to print from a
    JPG, I'd save the result as a JPG as a last step.

    If I was doing any manipulation of any of the shots, I'd do
    it to the individual pics in lossless format.

    ---- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Apr 8, 2004
  5. G.M. Durrence

    Frank ess Guest

    Seems to me that at four photos on one 8x10 page, even edge-to-edge for
    the images, you don't need to worry much about resolution. The math
    whizzes will be able to work it out for you, but there is a maximum
    amount of definition you can get in a 3 1/2 x 5- inch image on photo
    paper. Anything you throw at it beyond that is just wasted bandwidth.

    Of course when *I* do it, I print from the largest and purest file my
    setup will swallow. I mean, what's a few seconds processing, compared to
    the knowledge I did the best I could with what I got?

    Frank ess, Apr 8, 2004