    only I would be able to save the output (in this case the flashing
    lights) to a video file.
    TIA.

    jinny, Aug 22, 2007

  2. jinny

    Keme Guest

    skrev:
    Windows media player can generate moving patterns influenced by sound
    patterns. I'm sure there must be other audio players with this feature.

    Software for "screen video capture" should be able to record those
    patterns. "Camtasia" is one I've heard good things about. Never tried
    myself, though.

    Keme, Aug 25, 2007

  3. jinny

    jinny Guest

    Although yourself and the previous poster are right about Windows
    Media Player and virtually all other media players generating the
    visuals from sound, none of them seem to allow the process to be saved
    as a video file which I can then edit in a video editor. All the
    screen capture programs I have tried are not sensitive enough. It
    seems no matter the power of the machine Camtasia and progs like it
    are great for recording unsubtle mouse movements but cannot manage
    waves, explosions, colour fades etc without being jerky which makes
    lining up the video with the soundtrack impossible.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

    jinny, Aug 27, 2007
  4. jinny

    Arny Krueger Guest

    Agreed that it seems to take a ton of processing power to make these high
    res video capture programs run even sluggishly. I've done some work with
    4.6 GHZ dual core Athlon 64 systems with 2-4 GB of RAM, on-board and plug-in
    video interfaces, and not found total happiness.

    One approach might be to use a video card or other device that converts the
    artistic rendering on the screen to a TV video format signal. Many video
    cards provide video output jacks. Then capturd the video signal with an
    external video capture device such as a stand-alone DVD recorder or other
    kind of digital video recorder. It is now possible to set up cost-effective
    a system like this that is based on Component Video, which does a pretty
    good job with DVD format video (720 x 480).

    Arny Krueger, Aug 27, 2007
  5. jinny

    Dobbin Guest

    Try these:-
    G-force - www.soundspectrum.com. 2D, pretty easy on the processor
    and
    R4 - http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/main.php 3D, my favourite visualiser -
    proper 3D, you can add your own pics, scripts etc and is the only one I've
    found that actually moves convincingly to the music.
    pretty sure both allow o/p to be recorded

    Dobbin, Aug 28, 2007