    features, but am mostly a point and shoot hobbyist.

    I'm open to suggestions............

    thanks

    gt, Dec 23, 2003

  2. gt

    Michael Guest

    Some thing pretty small is the Stylus 400. Weatherproof and pretty good on
    batteries. The built in flash is useless, but aren't they all with digital
    cameras?

    Michael, Dec 23, 2003

  3. I like the Pentax Optio 555; it is fairly small, has a 5x zoom
    (37.5-187.5mm, equiv), good manual overrides, and a pre-shot histogram.
    Overall, I've been pleased.

    My "serious" digicam is a DSLR. But for portable use, as a carry
    everywhere, the Pentax is usually my choice.

    James

    James Akiyama, Dec 23, 2003
  4. gt

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I have heard good things from friends that own one about the Canon S400.
    About 6 members at our Digital Camera club have bought it and carry it along.
    One of them remarked that the pictures he takes with it are as good as those
    from his Olympus E-10.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 23, 2003