    20X24 =
    simple numbers, not a formula for printing.

    Thanks

    LesU, Sep 3, 2003

  2. LesU

    Frogiswrong Guest

    Approx for around 250ppi.

    Frogiswrong, Sep 3, 2003

  3. LesU

    Canongirly Guest

    Well this is going to annoy you.

    you can make a 6x4 print form 1x1 pixel if you wanted too (it'd look crap)
    and by the asame token you could make a 6x4 from 3m pixels if you so
    desired....though it may take forever to output.

    Work on the basis of 300dpi for most printing applications up to 20x16.

    And yes for pixel count you'll just have to work that out for yourself.

    Canongirly, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Generally 300dpi is the accepted number for prints although I have done
    200dpi with pretty good results.

    So a 4x6 would be 4 x 300 = 1200 and 6x300 = 1800. For a really good
    4x6 print you would need 1200x1800 pixels.

    You can do the math yourself for the rest. Just multiply inches times
    desired dpi.

    Andrew McDonald, Sep 3, 2003
  5. LesU

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Easy answer. Pixels have no size.. So you absolutely *can't* convert inches
    to megapixels.

    It's kind of like asking..

    1 gallon of fuel = how many miles.

    Jim Townsend, Sep 3, 2003