    house without the need for a lot of light. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks!
    mary

    M Soranno, Oct 26, 2003

  2. M Soranno

    Fred Ziffel Guest

    Simple to use will probably narrow it down to the Kodak lineup. Also, their
    docking stations have been characterized as 'training wheels' for digicam
    users, so maybe this would be the route to go.

    Steve's is a good place to start.

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

    Fred Ziffel, Oct 26, 2003

  3. M Soranno

    Andrew B. Guest

    I would recommend an Olympus C5050 or (cheaper option) C4000. Both are
    capable of excellent "available light" photos because of their high quality
    and fast lenses (5050 is faster) and they have a good range of user
    adjustments available. They also take very nice photos on fully auto (just
    disable the internal flash and make sure the - excellent - noise reduction
    feature is on). The C4000 is 4 megapixels so can produce nice 8"x10"
    prints; the 5050 is 5 megapixels so could produce larger ones.

    Andrew B., Oct 26, 2003
  4. M Soranno

    Jim Townsend Guest

    My daughter has a Canon S45 that she takes shots of the grandkids with.

    Most modern 3-4 Megapixel big name cameras do a fantastic job. They've come a
    long way. I may be biased.. but I'll always prefer a camera made by a camera
    manufacturer. (ie Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Fuji etc).

    Look at them all.. compare price and features. For taking kid shots, you
    don't need much zoom.

    The only bad thing about snapshot cameras is the flash is very close to the
    lens. This causes red eye.. From my experience, very young ones are more
    red-eye prone than teens and up.

    Jim Townsend, Oct 26, 2003
  5. M Soranno

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Sure, just about any 2 MP camera will do that job. You might check out
    some of the Kodak models with the dock if your daughter isn't interested
    in computers.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 27, 2003