    Samsung website did not seem to have the device listed. The Windows
    Update service did not provide an option to download a new one either.
    Any reccomendations?

    dataspring, Sep 11, 2003

  2. dataspring

    colin Guest

    Your system should already see the samsung as a cdrom.
    You then only need to install burner software that supports it. (feurio)

    colin, Sep 12, 2003

  3. dataspring

    dataspring Guest

    My PC is not currently mapping my CD drive. When I look under Computer
    Management\Device Manager\.. the SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B driver is
    disabled with a exclam icon.

    Looking under properties, I see this message:

    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
    may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

    When I click the option to Update Driver or attempt to run the
    Hardware Update, it cannot find a driver and asks me to locate an
    installtion media.

    dataspring, Sep 12, 2003
  4. dataspring

    colin Guest

    `Easyfix` could be to delete the device manager entry, and then re-boot.
    `As above`
    It`s an IDE cdrw, as I`ve checked on the internet. So windows should see it
    as a cdrom, drive letter D: ; unless you`ve got more then one harddrive or
    partition.?!?

    Please give as many details as you can, so that we can help you to solve
    your problem.

    colin

    colin, Sep 12, 2003
  5. dataspring

    David Cohen Guest

    I have a 248F, both CDBurnerxp Pro and burn4free are freeware programs
    that work well with this burner. Burnatonce is also good, but with my
    burner there is a problem making multi-session cd's.
    Dave Cohen

    David Cohen, Sep 12, 2003
  6. dataspring

    colin Guest

    Hi Dave

    The OP (dataspring), has crossposted to a few different NG`s asking for some
    help, so you might not even see my reply to you, as I`m not subscibed to the
    other groups.

    Anyway; you and others are quite welcome to assist the OP in suggestions
    and/or advice.

    colin

    colin, Sep 12, 2003
  7. dataspring

    ray Guest

    driver??? u mean firmware update

    ray, Sep 12, 2003
  8. dataspring

    DaveW Guest

    Which version of Windows are you using? Windows should have the necessary
    driver.

    DaveW, Sep 13, 2003