    was a very well known British singer during WWII. This was a movie of her
    early life and featured many of her more popular tunes. No, it ain't Hippady
    Hop!

    Sudy Nim, May 7, 2007

  2. Sudy Nim

    Film Buff Guest

    Ah! I remember her song very well - sung at the end of "Dr. Strangelove"
    I can see the bombs going off now

    Released by Columbia Pictures in the USA in Nov. 1942 and in G.B. in Jan. 1943

    If a print exists, it is probably in Columbia's (SONY) vaults

    Our only hope is that TCM will locate it and run it.

    Film Buff, May 9, 2007

  3. (Apropos of nothing, brings up the old Benny Hill sketch about the
    restaurant with Celebrity Menus:

    "Waiter, what's the Oliver Reed?"
    "Ham, marinated in whiskey."
    "And the Christopher Reeve?"
    "Ham with capon."
    "What's the Orson Welles?"
    "Whale meat."
    "And the Vera-Lynn?"
    "Whale meat, again.")

    :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 9, 2007
  4. Sudy Nim

    Sudy Nim Guest

    Thanks Fred for details on release; I had assumed it was from G.B.,
    interesting. I discovered it was released on VHS but do not know in what
    year. I don't think there are too many people today that know of her. I have
    Dr. Strangelove, good film. The conclusion was great, right after Slim
    Pickens rode the bomb followed with the song.

    Sudy Nim, May 9, 2007
  5. (Apropos of nothing, brings up the old joke about the restaurant with

    Derek Janssen, May 9, 2007