    Hardware: ATA

    Visit company website @ http://www.opentone.com.ph or our US company @
    http://www.otcbeyond.com

    opentonephilippines, Sep 24, 2008

  2. opentonephilippines

    Brian A Guest

    I use JustVoip. It can no longer be used via Voxalot. I have had to
    make changes for myself and 2 friends, I access direct from my ATA
    currently. JustVoip will work via the US server but the audo quality
    is really, really, bad. I don't think it works via the Au server
    either.
    This is going to scupper some of my, near future, voip plans if they
    don't fix it. I'll just have to use another company.

    Brian A, Sep 24, 2008

  3. opentonephilippines

    Graham. Guest

    Brian, I am interested in what you have to say, but I suspect
    the OP isn't :)

    The first I heard about this Voxalot issue was a post yesterday
    by "Iain", my own tests seem to conclude that all Betamax
    clones are affected. Pity

    Graham., Sep 24, 2008
  4. opentonephilippines

    Brian A Guest

    P1500 (£17.40)/month, for residential voip, is very, very expensive,
    and even more so for the average person in the Philippines !

    Brian A, Sep 24, 2008
  5. opentonephilippines

    PeterW Guest

    I have found Telappliant VoIPtalk (www.voiptalk.co.uk) to be good.

    They do 1000 anytime landline minutes to 30 countries plus a geo (01/02)
    number and reasonable rates to mobiles (9.5p/8p) for £4.99(excl) a month.

    If you just want PAYG and no "line rental", it is 1.4p/min landline and 12p
    to mobile. Billing is by the second in 1p increments.

    I have found call quality and reliability to be excellent and they support
    SIP and IAX.

    I also have a SIPGate account - they are nominally slightly cheaper (1.2p
    landline, 9.9p mobile) but I find that there are periods when my phone just
    won't register with them or calls fail. They also bill by the minute so can
    work out dearer.

    I have used betamax (SMSListo & Voipcheap.com) but they had a period in the
    summer when calls to mobiles would not connect or would give hopeless audio
    quality.

    Peter

    PeterW, Sep 25, 2008