looking for IT staff in Wellington

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    If anyone is interested, drop me an email at jobsatthingdotdyndnsdotorg,
    I can drop you jd.

    Senior Business Analyst
    Network & Security Architect
    Security Manager
    Change/Release Manager
    Systems Administration DBA (Oracle and MSSQL)
    Service Analyst Desktop x 2
    Help Desk Operator
    Senior System Administrators x 2 (Windows and Linux)
    Solutions Architect

    Senior posts will need some years experience and a business
    focus/understanding....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 24, 2007

  2. thingy

    Steve Guest

    Can I apply to do the senior sysadm stuff remotely from chch????

    Steve, Jan 24, 2007

  3. thingy

    Shane Guest

    Remote???
    Thats flipping interplanetary!

    Shane, Jan 24, 2007
  4. thingy

    Rob Guest

    Are you looking for 1 person to do the lot, or 10 different people. Whats
    the company or the area it is in?

    Rob, Jan 24, 2007
  5. thingy

    bok Guest

    1 person to do the lot, hmmmmm ....

    I'd check whether each role comes with a different hat (and salary) and
    whether you are expected to perform in the x 2 roles concurrently
    (multi-tasked) or serially. At least when you are occupying a non-senior
    post (and wearing the appropriate hat) you can lose your years of
    experience and business understanding.

    bok, Jan 24, 2007
  6. Hi there,
    Its easily done. The Brisbane Engineering office I work for has its
    head office in Perth, and all IT/CADD etc stuff is managed remotely
    unless a box suffers a hardware problem...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    "Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
    or not they wanted all these wars"...

    Chris Wilkinson, Jan 24, 2007
  7. thingy

    Dany Wu Guest

    Wow - that's neat :eek:) I'm not sure what it's like for a sys admin but
    I'm (well, soon will be...) a developer working for a Porirua company
    remotely from ChCh. Now I can say I'm an "Interplanetary Developer"...

    D.

    Dany Wu, Jan 24, 2007
  8. thingy

    Steve Guest

    Hey, if it's C++ or Java, do you want to work locally instead???

    Steve, Jan 24, 2007
  9. thingy

    Steve Guest

    Maybe, but my servers are in the states at the moment.

    Steve, Jan 24, 2007
  10. thingy

    thingy Guest

    We are looking for 15 staff...each role above is for one person...though
    at least 2 roles we want two people for each....

    It is in Wellington.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 24, 2007
  11. thingy

    thingy Guest

    No, the senior admin roles involve going to meetings with clients so
    they have an important face to face role.....they are mis-named really
    as they contain a consulting %.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 24, 2007
  12. thingy

    Shane Guest

    er yeah, I was being flippant. My job involves working on servers in the
    states. (Well lets be honest, what NZ based intarweb company isnt doing
    that these days)
    Still Chch is another flippin planet away from New Zealand :p

    Shane, Jan 24, 2007
  13. thingy

    Steve Guest

    No, not really. Do you really think that if I wanted to live in a (big)
    city, Welly or Akl would be my first choices? I'm quite happy here, thank
    you.

    Steve, Jan 25, 2007