    www.exposuremagazine.org (be sure to use .ORG - .com is an adult site)
    Like I said, you won't get a better chance than this!
    Dave

    Thistlegroup, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Thistlegroup

    Linda_N Guest

    How much of their profits are they giving to those who contributed their
    work to the mag? In otherwords how much are they paying the photographers?
    Or is it just another profit making mag that thinks talented folks should
    just be honored to be in mag and forging a living for the owners of the mag?

    Linda.

    Linda_N, Apr 11, 2004

  3. Thistlegroup

    Ken Davey Guest

    It costs $100 for 'membership.
    Payment schedule is here
    http://www.exposuremagazine.org/Guide.html
    I think their main source of income is the 'memberships' and with the
    payment schedule it would be rather difficult for a 'member' to achieve
    'break-even' and that assumes this is not a fly-by night operation.
    Buy lottery tickets instead.
    Regards.
    Ken.

    Ken Davey, Apr 11, 2004
  4. ------------

    Vanity press by any other name ["coffee table quality magazine"] is still
    vanity press.

    And vanity press is generally a scam of some sort. Magazines usually pay for
    submissions, as this one claims to do but without saying how much, and make
    their money on subscriptions...this one doesn't want "associates" so much as
    "investors" to front their cost of doing business.

    Get f**king real! How about THEY send me a check for a hundred bucks and I
    will send them ONE picture with a non-exclusive one time first US print
    (only) rights licence. LOL!

    Journalist

    Journalist-North, Apr 11, 2004
  5. Thistlegroup

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Apr 11, 2004
  6. Thistlegroup

    Linda_N Guest

    As I suspected they want photographers to GIVE talent, but wow they even
    want the photographer to pay for doing the mag owners a favour. What a hoot
    this industry is becoming.

    Linda.

    Linda_N, Apr 12, 2004
  7. Thistlegroup

    Linda_N Guest

    Either that or the owners think there are a lot of crazy photographers
    around. I have seen many wanting talent for free, but to ask that talent for
    money as well...wow that's nerve!

    Linda.

    Linda_N, Apr 12, 2004