    http://tsrsoftware.com/printkey.htm
    or
    http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm

    - Bobb -, Mar 30, 2009

  2. Can't you just press ALT+PrtScrn and save the result as a JPG?

    You do know that ALT+PrtScrn records the current active window/dialog box,
    right? PrtScrn records the entire screen, but ALT+PrtScrn just records the
    dialog box that is open.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 30, 2009

  3. - Bobb -

    geoff Guest

    On winblows, one can do alt or ctrl prtscrn and paste it into MS Paint then
    save it as a bmp.

    Something else would have to be used to convert it to jpg, AFAIK.

    --g

    geoff, Mar 30, 2009

  4. You can ALT+PRTSCRN and paste the results into Windows Photo Editor which
    saves to a JPG by default. I'm sure one could do the same with a photo
    editor such as IrfanView.

    Grabbing the screen shot is the easy part, processing it through your
    favorite photo editor is the hard part, and that's easy. IrfanView is free,
    MSoft Photo Editor is a fee program that comes with Office.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 30, 2009
  5. - Bobb -

    bobo Guest

    Can anyone suggest a good free portable screen capture
    program that can be carried and run independantly with
    a thumb drive?

    Thanks!
    bo

    bobo, Mar 31, 2009
  6. - Bobb -

    VanguardLH Guest

    Okay, this one for yucks: Use a digital camera. Don't have to even
    connect it to the computer to snapshot its monitor output. Don't have
    to install software. Don't have to get stuck on a system that doesn't
    let you run unauthorized processes (i.e., they whitelist the allowed
    processes and all others are blocked). Don't have to do something
    you're not supposed to on a kiosk host. Don't even need a login to the
    host whose monitor you are snapshotting. About as independent as you
    can get.

    VanguardLH, Mar 31, 2009
  7. - Bobb -

    Fishface Guest

    Not free, but it has 30 day free functional trial. Does menus.
    http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

    Fishface, Mar 31, 2009
  8. - Bobb -

    Juarez Guest

    Juarez, Mar 31, 2009
  9. - Bobb -

    ~BD~ Guest

    Hi VanguardLH :)

    I have a not-so-young neighbour who does exactly that! It works!

    ~BD~, Mar 31, 2009
  10. - Bobb -

    Fishface Guest

    Fishface, Mar 31, 2009
  11. - Bobb -

    sandy58 Guest

    Hi VanguardLH :) I do it still when messing with bios etc. Can't
    always remember what I have changed etc. It also works ...:)

    sandy58, Mar 31, 2009
  12. - Bobb -

    gnu / linux Guest

    hey Sandy what captures BIOS screens (windows or linux ?)

    gnu / linux, Apr 1, 2009
  13. Shouldn't you ask in alt.comp.freeware?

    --
    @[email protected] Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.2) Linux 2.6.28.9

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B), Apr 1, 2009
  14. - Bobb -

    sandy58 Guest

    <grin> A digital camera....in my case a Sony Cybershot. :) Works on
    either.

    sandy58, Apr 1, 2009
  15. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    when you run it , it puts icon in systray.
    You can then either double click that icon or hit your "key"
    - define your PRINT KEY
    When you want to print, you hit that key and a snapshot of the window
    appears in the app.
    click the floppy icon to save as a file.
    use the crosshairs to NOT save the entire screen/window ( you define screen
    or window in OPTIONS)

    I have printkey.exe in my startup so icon always in systray.
    I use "Print Screen" key on my keyboard to 'activate it'

    - Bobb -, Apr 1, 2009
  16. - Bobb -

    dh Guest

    I downloaded it, and it looks great with a folder
    and an exe icon and all that, but when I click on it
    it doesn't do a thing.

    dh, Apr 2, 2009
  17. - Bobb -

    dh Guest

    I use an unregistered version of LView Pro 1.D2/32. It
    works well on two computers, but when I try to carry it
    around it doesn't work as well. I will get a message
    that it can't find something it needs. Is there a way to
    find out all of the files associated with that program so
    I can make sure they are all available and in one folder
    or zip file carried on a thumb drive?

    dh, Apr 2, 2009
  18. - Bobb -

    Fishface Guest