Looking for "free"/"inexpensive" 32-bit BASIC compiler

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard Owlett, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Preamble:
    My essential definition of "free" is as in "free speech".
    The GNU definition of "free" as in "free speech" would also be nice.

    Essential requirements:
    A. a "sequential" as opposed to "event driven" model
    I grew up under FORTRAN 7? and Dartmouth/Lawrence Livermore BASIC.
    I think sequentially. VB's event driven ???? drives me up wall ;)
    B. My possible application is inherently "batch" mode.
    Input data set of 4000 to 40000+ data points
    Output data set from 5000-????? data points
    C. *MUST* be intrinsically 32 bit

    In searching the WEB I come upon XBASIC.
    Is it alive and well ;?

    http://www.maxreason.com/software/xbasic/xbasic05.gif
    implies availability of graph plotting function.
    Sample code snippet is for plotting an analytical function.

    Is there provision for plotting experimental data sets?

    Is there any approximation to 3D plotting?

    I get the impression that XBASIC is "sequential" as opposed to
    VisualBasic which is explicitly event driven?
    My possible application is intrinsically "batch processing".

    I'm interested in DSP "type" applications.
    There are specialized languages/processors available.
    *BUT* I'm interested in some prototyping work for which a variant of
    BASIC would be inherently suitable.

    Thank you for any comments and pointers.

    Richard Owlett, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Richard Owlett

    Harrison Guest

    I don't know squat about programming, but if I did I'd look at
    http://sourceforge.net/ for free stuff.

    Harrison, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Sorry but I do.
    If you can identify the relevance to computers of
    6J6
    12AX7
    5U5 ( G or GT )
    CK722

    I might be more polite

    Richard Owlett, Feb 17, 2004
  5. Richard Owlett, Feb 17, 2004
  6. sorry that should have been *5U4*
    Bet he didn't cath it ;]

    Richard Owlett, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Richard Owlett

    Sano Guest

    You probably don't have it anyway.

    Mike was right, you are an asshat.

    Bye bye ...

    Sano, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Richard Owlett

    Sano Guest

    PMFBI

    My 2 cents-

    Not what you're looking for, it's about cluster computing. But there are
    some archives; and the folks that participate may well have the info you
    pursue.

    Sano, Feb 18, 2004
  9. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    You might get better luck asking in a programming group.
    I have no idea.
    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Feb 18, 2004
  10. I'm already doing that.
    Those groups tend to be "developer oriented" and I'm also looking for
    a "generic end user" perspective.

    Thanks.

    Richard Owlett, Feb 18, 2004
  11. Richard Owlett