    Anyone know of anything out there without paying big bucks?

    Cheers,

    V.

    Virgo17, May 17, 2006

  2. Virgo17

    Tim Morley Guest

    rswww.com stock number 449-7228 ??

    (
    http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl...ervSessionIduk=3pq15q7801.L26J1uk&field=price)

    DECTsys PABX 2200 2 line phone system
    line digital cordless telephone system supports 2 analogue (PSTN) lines
    a.. Ideal for small businesses and home use and easy to install
    a.. Expandable - up to 15 handsets
    a.. 2 line LCD displays (12 characters x 2)
    a.. Can handle 2 external and 4 internal calls simultaneously
    a.. Call forwarding
    a.. Call waiting (see note)
    a.. Caller ID (see note)
    a.. Music on hold
    b.. Line busy indication
    c.. Speakerphone
    d.. 3 party conference
    e.. Internal calls between handsets
    f.. Dial mode programmable (DTMF/Pulse)
    g.. PABX dialling pause
    h.. Call duration display

    a.. Call barring for each handset programmable
    b.. LCR (least cost routing)
    c.. One direct call programming(Baby call)
    d.. Auto line detection
    e.. Last three number redial
    f.. User authentication
    g.. User name programmable
    h.. Ringer melody or ringer/call volume programmable for internal or
    external calls

    Note: Call waiting and Caller ID require service provider - (charges
    may be applicable).

    Supplied with: 1 x base station, 2 x chargers, 2 x handsets, 6 x
    AAA-NiMh batteries, 3 x adapters, 2 x line cords, 1 x user manual.

    Tim Morley, May 17, 2006

  3. Virgo17

    Andy Repton Guest

    239 quid? It'd be cheaper (just) to buy a Fritzbox 7050 and a DECT/ISDN
    cordless phone (the Fritz provides an ISDN connection and can route it
    to both a POTS line and VOIP)

    Andy Repton, May 17, 2006
  4. Virgo17

    Brian A Guest

    Basically you have got the wrong ATA for your purposes. Unless you
    need 2 incoming VOIP lines then sell on your PAP2 and get an SPA-3000.
    That has a socket for your BT line as well as one VOIP output. You can
    then use any standard analogue phone. You can have 5 different VOIP
    providers for outgoing calls (one of these is your incoming provider)
    and BT on gateway zero. Configure your dial plan and you won't need to
    switch about between lines as your dial plan will do it all for you
    depending on the number type you dial - but you can switch lines if
    you wish.
    broadbandbuyer seems to be the cheapest around.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 17, 2006
  5. Virgo17

    Virgo17 Guest

    Brian,

    Thank you for this extremely helpful posting. It seems that I can sell
    the PAP2 on Ebay for a reasonable amount and just put a bit extra
    towards the SPA-3000.

    Cheers and thanks,

    V.

    Virgo17, May 17, 2006
  6. Virgo17

    Mark Ingle Guest

    I don't know if it's what you want; but if you get an adsl router with
    VOIP port(s), you plug your phone into the VOIP port and have access to
    both the bt line and SIP from the same phone, which could be a DECT; you
    prefix the number with a hash to route outgoing calls one way or the
    other.

    Mark Ingle, May 17, 2006
  7. Virgo17

    Martin² Guest

    Mark Ingle:
    Alas not all VoIP routers have 'PSTN passtrough', apart from the Fritz!Box,
    to my knowledge only the Zyxel 2602HWL can do that, but hasn't got proper
    'dial plan' facility.

    And with SPA-3000 you don't get QoS.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², May 18, 2006
  8. Virgo17

    Me Guest

    The Speedtouch 716 has PSTN passthrough too.

    Me

    Me, May 18, 2006
  9. Virgo17

    Mark Ingle Guest

    Oh that's interesting; I just assumed they all had that feature, as my
    cheap Zoom X5v does works very well in that fashion. I power the DECT
    phone and router with a little UPS just in case of emergency. The main
    drawback with the model I have is that it appears one cannot configure
    multiple SIP accounts.

    Mark Ingle, May 19, 2006