Looking for ATA186US.EXE. Just bought ATAs-186 - turned to be 2.15ms image.

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Konrad Starek, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    Would anybody be able to e-mail me the the ATA186US.EXE file (v. 2.15
    or 2.16.1 or 2.16.2)?

    I just purchased two CISCO ATA-186 analog phone adapters from an
    online retailer. Unfortunately, the devices were shipped with the
    image supporting the MGCP connectivity (image version 2.15.ms) and not
    the SIP connectivity that I need.

    I am unable to download the software from http://cisco.com because
    Cisco requires a registration (logon and password) and according to
    Cisco's technical support whom I contacted, I am not entitled to
    register. Cisco referred me to the reseller for technical support and
    they are closed for the Holidays.

    It puzzles me that Cisco restricts access to its software upgrades for
    valid and licensed owners of its products (I bought the ATAs with what
    the reseller stated as a "CCMU license").

    Any help will be appreciated.
    Konrad

    Konrad Starek, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Konrad Starek

    Nortec Guest

    It sounds like you may have purchased from a un-authorized reseller. Much
    of what you find online is this type of graymarketed product.

    Nortec, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Konrad Starek

    Antonio Guest

    Don´t they come all from CISCO? They are not selling software!!! If
    you have a hardware that they made and that requires a software
    doesn´t matter where you bought it send your serial number and that
    should make it!

    Antonio, Dec 3, 2003