Looking for ASP.NET Facebook Style one to one Chat for my social media site Ajax base

Discussion in 'Software' started by JaySMina, Jan 19, 2012.

  1. JaySMina

    JaySMina

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    We have a requirement for a one to one chat from one of our clients for a social media kind of project we are doing. The

    problem is that we need it in quick time so i would rather use an already made component that is out there. I do not mind

    paying a license fee but it must not be a yearly thing. One time fee is something that we can convince our project lead for.

    I have been searching google for the past 4 days and i do not see any components similar to what we need in asp.net. I do see

    comet chat for php but we need that in asp.net.

    below are some of our main requirements:

    1-1 chat Footer placement in bottom right similar to that of facebook and gmail. The ones i can find right now are all chat

    room sort of layout which we cannot do. Status to be changes by user. Appear Offline is a must. SQL Server Database. We need

    all chat transcripts to be saved until we want to delete/archive them. Group Chat is a plus as we might need that in future

    but is not needed right now. But a possibility of having in future would be a good thing.

    Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

    JaySMina, Jan 19, 2012