    it runs in 64 or 32bit, just aslong as it works with my operating system. It
    can be a 32bit antivirus with a 64bit driver. Someone just recomend one to me
    asap.

    Guest, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Please see all the other posts in this group asking the same question and
    being answered.
    For example just a few posts down the one entitled "Antivirus"

    Please try and search the group for an answer to your question prior to
    posting as in many cases it may have already been addressed.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Aug 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Search may not work for some, but when it is on the same page, there is no
    excuse.

    John Barnes, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa, Aug 26, 2005
  5. Guest

    GPPower Guest

    Using the keyword "antivirus" to do a search will give you a lot of results
    on antivirus discussion. You will notice that the topic was being asked
    every now and then. It would be tedious to answer the same question all
    the time~~

    GPPower, Aug 26, 2005
  6. Unfortunately, search is a non-starter if they've come in through the web
    interface. It simply does not work. :(

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I think it is completely ridiculous that Microsoft doesn't have a link from
    the XP x64 page that addresses some of the common software
    questions---especially anti-virus. They've got several articles up there,
    written by their experts, but not a single one addresses the anti-virus
    question. It is silly that people don't do a search--but it is even more
    silly that Microsoft doesn't address those questions on their standard
    site... so people who never use newsgroups have to struggle through the
    interface to get answers to simple questions.

    Guest, Aug 26, 2005
  8. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    I agree, but Microsoft has done nothing to encourage the adoption of this
    system, including not having their own hardware supported. This is
    obviously a bastard system put together probably as practice for 64 Vista.
    Their TAP program has been a disaster. Half the hardware vendors either
    never heard of x64 or say there is too little interest to bother (even
    Microsoft?) At least a few are responding, none of the software vendors for
    any of my products that don't work on x64 have any interest in supporting it
    because of ' no or tiny installed base' . You would think that programs
    that would benefit from the system would be delivering product since it has
    been over a year since the beta's of x64, but even 4 months after RTM the
    selection is infinitesimal.

    John Barnes, Aug 26, 2005
  9. Guest

    Injun-ear Guest

    The same thing happened when Windows 2000 came out.

    Injun-ear, Aug 26, 2005
  10. Guest

    roman modic Guest

    Hello,

    They had to offer 64-bit option because of Linux 64
    ( http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,39215163,00.htm )
    IMHO 99.99% of Windows users do not need 64-bit Windows, but those who need
    it, I'm sure, will find hardware and software that suits them.
    Overall, I think that support for 64-bit version of Windows is still better
    than
    for Linux 64.

    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, Aug 27, 2005
  11. It is risky to predict to others whether or not they need 64-bits. That is
    up to the individual to decide. In any case, it is OK for a user to just
    want to run 64-bits. If need were the determining factor, I would still be
    using a calculator.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 27, 2005