    I looked at DBs used for collections of DVDs, Videos, etc but most are hardwired
    for their intended purpose.
    I just need a few fields that can be searched and hopefully printed.

    Doug_Sanders, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Doug_Sanders

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Doug_Sanders

    DC Guest

    OOo doesn't do DB, °Mike°.

    DC, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Doug_Sanders

    JWooden271 Guest

    It does a spreadsheet though. WHich may be just as good in his case.

    JWooden271, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Doug_Sanders

    °Mike° Guest

    8.1. Is there database support in OpenOffice.org?
    http://www.bytebot.net/openoffice/faq.html#Database0

    "Yes, there most certainly is! There are several useful resources
    that will help you get going:
    OpenOffice.org DBA Project - The official site, with useful FAQs
    and HOWTO guides to set you on the right track.
    OpenOffice.org, unixODBC and MySQL - a great guide, tailored
    to Red Hat 9 mainly, but excellent when it comes to OOo
    integration with MySQL. Comes with screenshots too!"

    °Mike°, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Google for thingventory. IIRC, you can roll your own, with that. And
    yes, it's a database, not a lame spreadsheet workaround.

    (Also IIRC, it comes with some prebuilt templates, but you don't have to use
    them.)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 16, 2004