    router with a STM-1 interface and some Ethernet interfaces?

    Best regards,
    John

    John, Dec 12, 2003

  2. :Sorry if my question is crazy, I ask you all the same.

    :It's for a SDH presentation. Do you know a typical Cisco reference for a
    :router with a STM-1 interface and some Ethernet interfaces?

    Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by a 'reference' in this case?
    Do you mean a model, or an approximate price?

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7505/portadpt/multi_ch/pa_mcstm/2746prf.htm

    This document describes how to install and configure the
    multichannel STM-1 port adapter (PA-MC-STM-1SMI[=] and
    PA-MC-STM-1MM[=]), hereafter referred to as the PA-MC-STM-1, which
    is used in the following platforms:

    Catalyst 6000 family FlexWAN module in the Catalyst 6000 family switches
    Cisco 7200 VXR routers, consisting of the four-slot Cisco
    7204VXR, and the six-slot Cisco 7206VXR
    Cisco 7301 routers
    Cisco 7304 PCI Port Adapter Carrier Card in Cisco 7304 routers
    VIP4-80 or VIP6-80 in Cisco 7500 series routers
    Cisco 7600 series Internet Routers with a FlexWAN module,
    including the Cisco 7603, Cisco 7606, and Cisco 7609 Internet
    Routers

    It appears that the FlexWAN module allows 7200/7500 series interfaces
    to be used on the 6000 and 7600 series, and it appears that street prices
    for the FlexWAN module would be about $US8000.

    The street price for PA-MC-STM-1SMI appears to be about $US48000, if
    you can find one. Ah, ibuyer.net shows street prices must have dropped
    down to about $US38000.

    You would need a chassis and associated software to put these in.
    Looks to me as if the price would be on the order of $US100,000 for a
    usable system with a PA-MC-STM-1MM.

    Ah, I see there is another possibility. There is a series of STM cards
    for the 6130 (EOL) / 6160 / 6260; the cards are the
    NI-2-155SM-155SM, NI-2-155MM-155MM, NI-2-155SM-DS3, and NI-2-155MM-DS3.
    The 155SM is about $US9000 street,l but the 6260 looks like it must be
    very expensive.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_user_guide_chapter09186a0080080cd8.html

    Walter Roberson, Dec 12, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    Thanks Walter,
    Sorry for that word, it was only models and not really a price.
    Thanks for your aid, I'll go to read the text. Alone, I was a little bit
    lost in the Cisco site, with too much information for me.

    Best regards,
    John

    John, Dec 12, 2003