    Might there be a program that can do this?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Jeff Ingram

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yes.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Jeff Ingram

    PC Guest

    TT

    mmm' we are having a 'brief' day aren't we!
    PeeCee

    PC, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Jeff Ingram

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ask a yes/no question, get a yes/no answer <grin>

    Toolman Tim, Oct 28, 2005
  5. Jeff Ingram

    PC Guest

    Jeff

    Yes there 'might' be a program to do this.

    To find a program of this type one 'might' type into 'Google' 'program +
    catalog + movie + add comments'
    In amongst the 1,740,000 hit's one 'might' find something suitable.

    If you don't why don't you create one yourself using the database from 'Open
    Office' V2 that has just been released.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Jeff Ingram

    PC Guest

    Ah but then it 'might' not be a yes/no question. :)
    PC

    PC, Oct 28, 2005
  7. Or if he already owns MS Office like 90% of the rest of the world, he
    could make one easily with Access. Nothing against Open Office, just
    that he may already have what he needs.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 28, 2005
  8. Jeff Ingram

    PC Guest

    Greetings Rôgêr

    Just speculating, 90%, mmm maybe, Office Standard/Student... ie Versions
    without Access, no figures to disagree.
    But I feel Office Pro which includes Access has a lower percentage
    penetration, a much lower percentage.
    Can't give any figures other than to say the copies of Office I've supplied
    over the last few years were all Standard versions i.e. Accessless (groan)
    except for one.

    Anyway there is certainly lots of choice out there.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Oct 28, 2005
  9. Jeff Ingram

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    I'm not looking for a database program, per se. I want something that's
    made specifially to catalog digital media files, such as videos files. I
    don't want to have to key anything in but my comment information. I want
    this program to be able to import my media files and allow me to attacth my
    comment information to the file. I'd use XP's File Properties/Summary, but
    it doesn't handle all file types, (specifically AVI files). Were it not for
    that it would be perfect since all summary information is searchable.via
    XP's search function. I've got over 400+ video clips I'd like to add
    comment information to.

    I was hoping that someone was already familiar with such a program.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Oct 28, 2005
  10. Jeff Ingram

    Trax Guest

    |>I'm not looking for a database program, per se. I want something that's
    |>made specifially to catalog digital media files, such as videos files. I
    |>don't want to have to key anything in but my comment information. I want
    |>this program to be able to import my media files and allow me to attacth my
    |>comment information to the file. I'd use XP's File Properties/Summary, but
    |>it doesn't handle all file types, (specifically AVI files). Were it not for
    |>that it would be perfect since all summary information is searchable.via
    |>XP's search function. I've got over 400+ video clips I'd like to add
    |>comment information to.
    |>
    |>I was hoping that someone was already familiar with such a program.

    Check out Where is it http://whereisit-soft.com/

    It's what I use to catalog my CD's, and it allows descriptions to be
    added.

    Trax, Oct 28, 2005