    I'm looking for 100% reliability - Linux printing is already arcane
    enough without making it worse.

    Philip

    Philip, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Philip

    Earl Grey Guest

    http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html

    Earl Grey, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Philip

    EMB Guest

    Any of the HP Laserjets with a Jetdirect and Postscript would fit the
    bill perfectly. I've got half a dozen Laserjet 4000 series printers
    running happily in a mixed environment with no problems at all.

    If you're happy with secondhand there's plenty of them available on
    Trademe for sensible money.

    EMB, Oct 20, 2006
  4. Philip

    Blue Guest

    Gosh, so tell me what was it like for you before CUPS?

    Ms Penguin has just yelled from the kitchen, that she will talk to
    anybody, it is they who are snobs.

    Blue, Oct 21, 2006