    appreciate any info and tops from anywhere in the wolrd.

    THanks
    John T McDougald

    John McDougald, Oct 15, 2005

  2. John McDougald

    Dave Guest

  3. John McDougald

    Hermit Guest

    I don't know if you are an expert, or a newbie like me, but I have found
    this website very interesting and informative.

    http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/

    Good luck

    Hermit, Oct 15, 2005
  4. John McDougald

    Marvin Guest

    http://www.dpreview.com/

    Marvin, Oct 16, 2005
  5. John McDougald

    rich Guest

    I subscribe to a site called www.dpreview.com. It has news letters on new
    developments in digital photography. It is very comprehensive, includes
    achieves and explains everything in detail. In some cases it is more than
    you want to know

    my site is for cat lovers take a look
    www.ecomplink.com

    Richard Downing

    rich, Oct 17, 2005
  6. John McDougald

    Jeremy Guest

    Ken Rockwell has a different view on sites like that:

    "Ignore most of the other "review" sites you're reading. They are not
    written by photographers and they spend way too much time overanalyzing
    things that make no difference and completely skip other things important to
    making photos! I'll glance at these, but they just can't tell you which
    camera to buy."

    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/buydigicam.htm

    I like Rockwell's opinions. He cuts through the BS and reminds us that, in
    the end, it is not the camera but the photographer that creates exceptional
    shots. He has a load of images that have been shown in galleries, and the
    camera he used cost only a couple of bucks.

    Jeremy, Oct 18, 2005
  7. Hi John

    If you want to learn how to buy a digital camera, you will need to
    understand some fundamental concepts about them (e.g. optical zoom,
    megapixels). Some of the 'magazine' sites out there like dpreview and
    imaging resource are pretty good - but I feel they lack a down to
    earth, pragmatic approach to photography.

    You can get the best camera, but will you know how to shoot pictures?
    One of the most important things to understand about digital
    photography is that the equipment can be overrated. Get the latest 10
    MP monster of a camera - doesn't mean you'll have shots that grace the
    covers of National Geographic.

    Personally, I'd recommend that you look for sites or magazines which
    focus more on HOW to take pictures. Invariably, that is your final aim
    - to take good photos. If you know how to take a good photo, the
    equipment is secondary (up to a certain level of course).

    Good luck!

    Sincerely,
    Gary Hendricks, Basic-Digital-Photography.com
    The best freeware photo editors for photographers on a budget:
    http://www.basic-digital-photography.com

    Gary Hendricks, Oct 18, 2005
  8. John McDougald

    henryp Guest

    henryp, Oct 19, 2005
  9. Hi Henry

    Hey I've been a fan of your online store for a while. You guys are the
    best!

    Sincerely,
    Gary Hendricks, Basic-Digital-Photography.com
    The best digital photography tutorials and how-to guides:
    http://www.basic-digital-photography.com

    Gary Hendricks, Oct 19, 2005