    heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it off
    the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    lbbss, Aug 28, 2005

  2. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    Just to clarify, I want to record radio show from the web, not from my
    radio.

    lbbss, Aug 28, 2005

  3. lbbss

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You can stop it from loading startup without uninstalling it. Who told you
    that? I have lot's of things on my PC that wanted to autoload (Quicktime,
    Musicmatch, MS Office, etc.) but none of them do.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 28, 2005
  4. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    it was a while ago, but I remember using startman software that allowed
    me to have a custom startup list, . But when I took realplayer off the
    list, next time it was back on startup by itself. I have not tried
    that lately.

    lbbss, Aug 28, 2005
  5. lbbss

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Why not just remove it from the registry? Should work. Unless they wrote
    code into the new version that puts it back in, which nothing else I've used
    has done that.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 28, 2005
  6. lbbss

    trout Guest

    I've found that Staionripper works well:
    http://www.stationripper.com/index.htm

    The only small problem I encountered was that the connection to
    recording software is sometimes blocked by the station. The program
    anticipates this, and allows you to easily change the 'apparent
    client' -to something like Winamp, for example. You will need some kind
    of player installed if you want to listen live to what you're recording.
    I *do* use (an old version of) Winamp for this.

    trout, Aug 28, 2005
  7. lbbss

    Render Me Guest

    ...knowing how to spell..............

    that the connection to

    Render Me, Aug 28, 2005
  8. lbbss

    trout Guest

    trout, Aug 28, 2005
  9. lbbss

    Render Me Guest

    STRIKE!!!!

    Render Me, Aug 28, 2005
  10. Steer clear of the bloatware.
    Get the "free" and excellent Audacity.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Get the zip version. There is no installer. Just put it somewhere, create a shortcut, and run it.
    Put the LameENC.dll in the same folder. The first time you make mp3 it will ask what encoder. Just
    point it to that. To record "what you hear", mute your microphone or you will just get your voice.

    Cheers!

    whatevernevermind, Aug 28, 2005
  11. lbbss

    Mike@Lincoln Guest

    I don't know what version of Realplayer you have, but mine certainly does'nt
    load on startup.

    Mike@Lincoln, Aug 29, 2005