" Longhorn" to christened" Windows Vista"

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Maybe for Aero but it does not look good for Aero Glass so far.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 24, 2005

  3. Yeah, I've seen something similar. But thanks for the list.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Looks like only nine more days for those in beta1. I declined
    the last two beta's offered (don't do server) and haven't been invited to
    this party.

    Windows Vista To Hit Beta 1 on August 3

    John Barnes, Jul 24, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 24, 2005
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Microsoft on Friday told BetaNews it had no plans to use the "Vista" moniker
    for its next generation Windows Server product line, despite choosing the
    name for its Longhorn client. For now, Microsoft will continue using
    Longhorn Server for the Beta 1 release

    Maybe they should try Hasta la Vista (seems to be working for a number of
    x64 users)

    Microsoft: No 'Vista' for Windows ServerMicrosoft: No 'Vista' for Windows
    Server

    John Barnes, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That name Vista is to Suave for me, I'm use to XP Pro, it sounds manly, they
    could have use Windows Bull-horn or Bull-Gate. I guess if this Windows Vista
    is do to be release in the 4th Qtr of 06, we will not see a retail version of
    x64, althought 4th Qtr 06 could mean 3rd Qtr 07. ;)
    --
    Jesus is Lord

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005