    all...
    You and only you pushed the MSDN-buy-button ;-)

    Have a nice day/weekend!

    Ronald, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Charlie,

    If I do not agree with Kevin, I can understand him. It's just plain
    curiosity, he can't wait, just like most of us :) The only difference is
    that we can behave, he can't ;)
    It's gonna take a while before the beta starts Kevin, but just be patient,
    and starting a fight with softies is most probably not the best way to be
    invited...
    Take it easy buddy :)

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Oh, I can understand, but believe me, I can wait. But then, I've done my time
    running my life on EARLY betas. Shudder. I once was running 4 different
    operating systems at once, and not a single one of them was shipping product.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  4. My worst experience was the very first beta of WinME....
    As a matter of fact, I'm not sure ME improved with the retail version :)

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Hey, stop knocking ME. I own ME, and love it. <g>

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 3, 2005
  6. The ONLY MS OS beta in at least 10 years that I never installed.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Your loss. :)

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 3, 2005
  8. you bet....

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Gary MCSE

    James Park Guest

    I thought more people hated ME than liked it. I forget what it offered, but
    the inability to restart in ms-dos annoyed me.

    I'd sure like to beta-test Longhorn, but I can't seem to ever find bugs
    before other people do in the betas I"ve been on. It's probably better left
    to the pro amateurs. :)

    James Park, Jun 3, 2005
  10. By the time ME came out, nobody I knew of wanted or needed DOS in any
    fashion.

    ME was the first OS to offer MSCONFIG. I love it, and still do.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 3, 2005
  11. Gary MCSE

    James Park Guest

    I liked using clean DOS for some of my old games. My computer wasn't all
    that powerful back then and running them inside Windows was rather painful
    if they ran at all.
    I'm pretty sure 98 had msconfig too. I think ME's biggest new feature was
    System Restore, but I usually just reformat if something serious happens to
    be sure the problem is gone. :) Switching over to XP was bliss, GPFs and
    illegal operations packed their bags and disappeared.

    James Park, Jun 3, 2005
  12. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  13. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  14. I never had an issue with ME until a virus took it over and I had to format
    so I just went back 98, but it was a good OS, and was the start to
    Microsofts venture in to digital media with products such as Movie Maker a
    more compelling Media Player and integration of IM and synced up Windows
    2000 icons.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  15. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  16. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  17. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  18. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  19. No, by then I'd already made the move to NT/2000 full time. Frankly, I don't
    think I missed anything.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  20. Chill out Kevin.

    I have tested every single OS since Win98 (Memphis) and yet no Longhorn
    invite. My profile likely doesn't fit for the early stages and I like many
    more, perhaps even more experienced beta testers just have to be patient.

    It certainly isn't worth all the whining and especially not worth 750 bucks.

    Bob Benedetti, Jun 4, 2005