    cameras that include an image stabilization feature. Any advice would
    be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Ken

    kjk, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Does anybody know of any long zoom small
    Minolta A1

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 27, 2003

  3. kjk

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 27, 2003
  4. kjk

    Terry Guest

    I researched the net and went through countless web pages in my quest
    to go digital, the c-700 was current back then but it felt entirely wrong in
    my hands and then I discovered the C2100UZ, a previous gen camera
    with 10X optical with stabilization and decided on it. I have not looked
    back

    The FZ10 looks great.

    Terry

    Terry, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Ken,

    beyond 10x zoom there is only one family of image-stabilized
    zoom cameras, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2 with 2 Megapixels and
    the considerably bigger FZ10 with 4 Megapixels. Both have a 12x
    zoom with image stabilizer made by Leica.

    I own the precursor, the now discontinued FZ1, and am very happy
    with it. For a few examples you can look at
    http://www.michna.com/kenya2003/.

    I tested the lens for sharpness and found, to my surprise, that
    it is as sharp as I could possibly hope at max zoom and max
    aperture (2.8).

    Hans-Georg

    Hans-Georg Michna, Dec 28, 2003