    what can i do? i really need a Certification, how can i start... Anyhelp will
    be great..

    Thanks.

    Kike, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Kike

    Blackmetal Guest

    What it will happen, is maybe you will learn the technology and pass the
    exams, but if you don't have real experience, it will be hard to find a job

    Blackmetal, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Kike

    EggHead Guest

    He did not say he is not in s/w, may be he is in PM or R&D now :)
    All you need are the MS press books, studying them, and you should be able
    to pass the MCAD exam.
    Egghead

    EggHead, Nov 7, 2005
  4. I understand someone would not get a job, even an interview only because he
    passed an exam.

    In my case I worked two years with VB6 in the past, i'm working now with
    Magic (4GL language) and a litlle bit in C++Builder.

    I'm wanting to move on .NET and i want to have a wildcard to get interviews
    even if I have to start as a junior programmer. May the MCAD help me in this
    objective or i'm going through the wrong path?

    I have experience int .NET but it is personal jobs and no job experience so
    it's difficult to prove it...

    Thanks.

    Gustavo.

    Gustavo Ringel, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Kike

    Sean Guest

    I got MCAD for the same reasons and just now starting to look for work so I
    don’t know if it will help or not.

    What fume’s me is this concept that actual work experience is always without
    question better then education. I did CADD drafting for 13 years and I
    learned more about CADD taking a few classes at a junior college then I ever
    learned or needed to know about CADD in the 13 years I did it.
    My job was well structured and in all honesty a trained monkey could do it.
    So everything I learned in those 13 years (industry specific or software
    specific) I learned by reading. Now I don’t know why reading on the clock at
    work is magically different then reading at home but to me the material is
    exactly the same.

    I feel this way about classes too, if it’s written down, I don’t need a
    teacher. I might need someone to ask specific questions to but that is what
    web forums are for.

    So that is my rant and that is why I personally feel MCAD is FAR more
    valuable then the industry gives it credit for. It covers more material then
    some developers will ever know in a life time unless they self teach
    themselves.

    Sean, Nov 11, 2005
  6. Hi John I agree with you, but this isn't a perfect world...I hope you and I
    get something from this path. I saw in another discussion that you have
    practice questions. Can you shared them with me? Which material did you
    learn from?

    Thanks.

    Gustavo.

    Gustavo Ringel, Nov 13, 2005
  7. Kike

    Sean Guest

    Just questions from the Exam Cram books and Microsoft assestment site

    such as this one.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-7748074-8553430?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

    almost required reading for the exams if nothing more then to have a good
    understanding of what topics are covered in some detail more then the website
    gives.

    The real exams are similar to the harder questions in these books. The
    questions do in fact, give you a good idea of what to expect in general terms.

    Sean, Nov 13, 2005
  8. Thanks. I hope you a good start in programming!

    Gustavo Ringel, Nov 13, 2005
  9. Kike

    Sean Guest

    I wanted to wait until I actually (if) got the job but basically I got a real
    good interview for a job which required a degree. However my recuiter decided
    to submit it and the employer was very pleased becuase of my certification
    and projects.

    Sean, Nov 20, 2005
  10. Kike

    bobbobbins Guest

    I totally agree with you Sean. It get's on my nerves that I can't even get
    an interview without on the job experience!

    bobbobbins, Dec 7, 2005