Long term storage

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by johndoesovich, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. Our company has hit a point where we are crunching data rapidly. Our
    backups are taking too long to complete and tapes are costing us a
    fortune each month. The idea is to go backup to disk. Our problem is
    how to design it.

    We chose to go w/ an iSCSI san which has been running in our lab for a
    month. What we need is to add the 9 TB worth of disks. We will need to
    add an additional 4 TB once this is online. The chassis is what we're
    having a problem with. We want to be able to expand it without any
    problems and will likely need this to end up somewhere around 30-40 TB
    in the near future.

    We are looking at this chassis -
    http://www.storcase.com/infostation/16bay3u_scsi.asp#spec

    Given that Kingston has sold this unit, what would be the best
    alternative to this unit that would allow me to daisy chain units?

    We are looking for the fiber chassis and plan to hook it into the
    switch which then hits our linux box running ietd thus making this mass
    storage array available to various servers on our network.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Nick

    johndoesovich, Sep 8, 2006

  2. johndoesovich

    why? Guest

    http://www.storcase.com/resources/
    Resources
    As always, our friendly sales staff is available to assist you in
    configuring the perfect solution or to answer any other questions you
    may have, so don't hesitate to give us a call!

    Me

    why?, Sep 8, 2006

  3. johndoesovich

    John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Yes, do your homework yourself.
    Bye!

    John Holmes, Sep 9, 2006