Long term project - Osborne Executive Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Nov 14, 2005.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    100.0%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Those switches are fairly common, lots of modding sites sell them. I'd snag some if I were you then give the thing the proper paint scheme.

    The Modfather, Jan 3, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Theme?

    I think the theme is more AMD and retro Osborne, rather than a military control case for launching missles. I'm not 100% fixed on what I have now, but I do like it. For a short while at least, I must save some money. I just ordered 2 GB's (two 1GB sticks) of DDR for my son's machine to replace his 512 MB (two 256MB sticks) so he could game in the MMO games. That cost almost two hundred. :joyman:

    bigal, Jan 5, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Damn, first a car, now 2 gigs, uh, will you be my daddy? :)

    Seriously though, it does look sweet, but it needs a theme of some sort though. The way it looks now, that whole military nuclear thingy seems to fit but, it's your box so you gotta live with it. Whatever works for ya, right?

    The Modfather, Jan 5, 2006
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yep :)

    man al, what are you going to get him next a ferrai enzo? (the one thats so not street practical) :p

    unholy, Jan 7, 2006
  5. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Don't suppose anyone has seen Jeremy Clarksons Heaven and Hell DVD? That's what the practicality remark is a reference to, he gets some chick to do a striptease behind the car, and he has to try to be able to see her do it from inside. She stands right behind the car, and he can't see her in rear view mirror, wing mirrors, out the back or side windows.

    XhArD, Jan 7, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nope, haven't seen it...

    ...but the 2 GB memory arrived yesterday. I installed it, tweaked the settings during bootup, and my son says the game runs smooth as butter.

    Next up? He's going sking on Sunday. Maybe I should take Modfather up on his offer.:wavey:

    bigal, Jan 7, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, that would be funnah.

    remember al, butter is a low friction liquid. smoothness = slidablity... aka unstability :p

    unholy, Jan 7, 2006
  8. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    butter is a liquid? :| I didn't know that, lol.

    XhArD, Jan 8, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    butter melts at 20C and super melted fully at waters boiling point :p

    And a Solid at 10 C or lower

    unholy, Jan 8, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Cool, pop, I need dual 7800GTX's or at least one of those Asus dual GPU boards. Uh, soon, my birthday is monday. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 8, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Let me add it to the list there sonny boy...

    Too bad you just missed Christmas. I'll add it to this year's list. Don't be a bad boy.:ahhhh:

    bigal, Jan 9, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah but it's my birthday! :) Hehe... And I know you've got a GTX there just sitting around doing nothing, right?

    Me

    The Modfather, Jan 9, 2006
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    u better buy him those cards or hes going to call u a bad pop :p

    unholy, Jan 9, 2006
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The best part comes when...

    ...your son gives you the thumbs up for 2 GB of tasty DDR! :burnout:

    [​IMG]

    bigal, Jan 10, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    is that modfather when he was a kid??? digitally added to the background of al workstation :p

    unholy, Jan 10, 2006
  16. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You know what the funny thing is? When I viewed the full size picture, the first thing I noticed was the calendar in the background :p

    XhArD, Jan 10, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehehe, you sick little money... Know what's sad? First thing I noticed were the MPC "Kick Ass" stickers. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 10, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Calendar...

    I noticed that too. It's a Hooters calendar, and the models are all wearing bathing suits. It's hard to tell that the chick above his head is wearing anything though.:ahhhh:

    bigal, Jan 10, 2006
  19. bigal

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    rofl, first thing i notcied was the game on the monitor... looks like EQ or Elder scrolls... mabey its not at all... i was trying to figure out what is was exactly...

    Gez, Jan 10, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That is called...

    ...the Battle for Middle Earth. It's in beta form right now, and you need tons of memory along with a good graphics card to play it. Of course, an AMD CPU is highly recommended!:-D

    I just upgraded the support structure for my equipment (with glass tables), so I better match another of my favorite gaming machines in the same basement - "the printer-to-computer-deja-vu". My cable management update, which I just might patent because it's so effective and yet so simple (white posterboard taped to the table), was implemented to keep my wife happy. Here are a few pictures from the glass table install:

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Jan 10, 2006