Long term project - Osborne Executive Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Nov 14, 2005.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    100.0%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Dont ask me to remember movie names, i cant even remember the name of the movie i watch 2 days ago. or the one al saw the other day.

    :|

    unholy, Dec 22, 2005

  2. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Transporter 2? :p

    XhArD, Dec 23, 2005

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    thats the one :p

    unholy, Dec 23, 2005
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    No, he saw that Geisha movie. :)

    I love Star Wars, about to start reading the new Star Wars book, the Rise of Darth Vader. :)

    The Modfather, Dec 23, 2005
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    now i am getting confused isn't darth vader from star trek????

    unholy, Dec 23, 2005
  6. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No. No he isn't. Don't you know anything?

    XhArD, Dec 23, 2005
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nope. i told u movies are like cartoons without words to me :| what ever thats supposed to mean i forget :|

    unholy, Dec 23, 2005
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Unholy, lower the dosage man.

    The Modfather, Dec 23, 2005
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Dosage of? what the brami stuff thats suppose to increase memory :|

    unholy, Dec 23, 2005
  10. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Getting back to OsbornAgain for a moment....

    ...sorry to interrupt you guys, but I just picked up another Lumin Disk from Spencer Gifts for $15. I've taped it inside the cover where the CRT used to be, and now I'm considering this as my solution for what goes in that big hole. I would do some more modding to make it fit better, but this gives you the idea. What do you guys think about this?

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Dec 24, 2005
  11. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Looks sweet :) What other cool mods are you planning here?

    XhArD, Dec 24, 2005
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well....

    I need to make that disc fit better. Then I need to mount and wire my switches. I have some special switches for this case. I will also use the original power switch to control the cold cathodes, once I can figure out how it's wired. All that will be done next week, after Christmas. Also, tomorrow is my anniversary, so I can't be spending time with this when my spousal unit needs servicing....:handkiss:

    bigal, Dec 24, 2005
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yes thats the only day u cant mod. :)

    I like it al :), i would have prefered seeing a little LCD, but this is still just as cool :) (maybe mount a Character LCD too :))

    unholy, Dec 24, 2005
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmmm, it looks cool but, yeah, gotta make it fit better. Would be neat if those things came in squares or rectangles huh? They're down to $15? I bought one at Spencers a couple of years ago (it was a larger one, the size they used in Star Trek for the Borg) and it was more like $125.

    Only problem with stuff like that is you need to plug it in to a standard outlet, can't run it off the PSU. :)

    The Modfather, Dec 24, 2005
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    25 bucks at gamedude if u wanted one ross :) they only have one left in stock. :|

    unholy, Dec 24, 2005
  16. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Luminglass? Bugger that, why bother? The only groovy scientific-type flashy device is a plasma globe :) I have one in my room :)

    XhArD, Dec 24, 2005
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    mod it into your computer :)

    unholy, Dec 25, 2005
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Plasma Globes...

    ...are more of a concern for data corruption. I think the voltage levels are higher, but I haven't checked that. In fact, I don't have any data to back up my statement. I think I heard that someone had an issue with data corruption in another forum.:stupido2:

    bigal, Dec 25, 2005
  19. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    not sure what voltage they use :|

    unholy, Dec 25, 2005
  20. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    110 volts, they take direct AC current. I have about 50 of the blasted things. You can get them now-a-days as just plain screw-in lightbulbs. All the fancy bases and stuff, they're just for show.

    What's that thing that ArtByTroy used in his Hellraizer mod? The thing he used for the brain section that lights up? I was thinking of trying to get one of those for a future project.

    The Modfather, Dec 25, 2005