Long term project - Osborne Executive Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Nov 14, 2005.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    100.0%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I did get some info on what it's being replaced with but I'm sworn to secrecy, if I tell ya I'd have to kill ya.

    The Modfather, May 9, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well tell all of us and kill him. That's a sacrifice we're willing to make....

    bigal, May 10, 2006

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i bet u its Modfather in a pair of Red Pants :p

    unholy, May 10, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, exactly Unholy, the new contest is me in a pair of red pants, how on earth did you ever figure that out? :rolleyes:

    The Modfather, May 10, 2006
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    will it is derived from the formula, e=mc^2, where c is the speed of light, and m is the mass. e = 0 for modfather in white pants and anything else is him in red pants. Perfect equation right there modfather.

    unholy, May 10, 2006
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well of course, so, you're a shoe-in to win that contest, I'm so happy for you!

    The Modfather, May 11, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    or i could express it as.

    Modfather in white pants = White Pants + (c^2 / Modfather)

    unholy, May 12, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You go girl.

    The Modfather, May 12, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i believe u are mistaking my gender there modfather. i am 100% home grown Male Human, from the city of stormwind! :)

    unholy, May 13, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I thought you were from Queensland?

    I mean think about it, QUEENSland? QUEENS!

    You go girl!

    The Modfather, May 13, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    thats odd, because if that was so then i have a pussy and not a...

    Seeming so, that would make u a cheese brand, we wouldn't want that now would we?

    unholy, May 13, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Point of fact (and an odd one) Philadelphia brand Cream Cheese is actually made in New York, not Philadelphia. I don't know why but... <Shrug>

    The Modfather, May 14, 2006
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It might interest everyone to know that OsbornAgain has been rebuilt again - now it sports a Quad-core AMD CPU and an NVidia 560 Duke Nukem Forever edition video card. This machine keeps going and going....

    bigal, Sep 5, 2011
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Gaming has never been better...

    I wanted Serious Sam 3 for Christmas but nobody got it for me. :dontknow:

    So I got on my Steam account and found the game, along with Serious Sam 2 and the original game too. Got those downloaded yesterday and now I'm in gaming heaven. This new version of Serious Sam is great - those guys carrying the bombs in each hand just keep coming at you. I only played about 2 hours yesterday before I was exhausted (and feeling slightly sick too - something I've had to deal with when gaming for more than an hour) and this Osborne Executive-2, with it's quad-core AMD processor and the Nvidia 560 video card just kicks ass. I'm using a 28" LCD with Klipsch 4.1 speakers for the ultimate experience.

    bigal, Dec 27, 2011
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I haven't been here a while. Been retired since Feb 2014 and enjoying life with the grand kids and things of this nature. Computer builds have continued of course. I just completed an upgrade to my 'Game-A-Tron' and of course OsborneAgain was updated several years ago too. Check it out on my site, http://www.bigal-computers.net

    bigal, Aug 24, 2018
  16. bigal

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,216
    Likes Received:
    7
    Hey @bigal, good to see you again :). Glad to hear you're still modding :D.

    Ian, Aug 29, 2018
    bigal likes this.
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've built a few machines over the years. I have a LAN party coming up this Labor Day Weekend (on Sunday). Should be fun. I'll be posting pictures here: http://www.bigal-computers.net

    Attached Files:

    bigal, Aug 30, 2018
    Ian likes this.
  18. bigal

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,216
    Likes Received:
    7
    Nice :D - hope the LAN party went well!

    I've been considering switching to a Ryzen, my my old i5 3570K keeps on chugging along :).

    Ian, Sep 3, 2018
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined: