Long term project - Osborne Executive Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Nov 14, 2005.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    100.0%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    no u copied me/ i copied you. The cathodes sit at the alter of the real unholy. i am merely his left side.

    unholy, Mar 1, 2006

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    We'll just pretend Unholy didn't just spew out a bunch of random words just then, okay? :)

    Ahem, so where were we, oh yes, CCFL's around your Ego Altar. Did you use UV lights? I hear egos glow under a UV light, like real trippy man!

    The Modfather, Mar 1, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Actually, they were yellow cold cathodes. I used them in the past and subsequently forgot that they existed. Good thing I ordered some yesterday to replenish my stock. Regarding UV cold cathodes, I've never had much luck with them. I just don't get much glowability out of UV-sensitive cables and such. Perhaps I should tape on some glow worms or something.

    bigal, Mar 1, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Weird, I never had a problem with 'em, all my stuff glows real well. (See the Necro for example). I'll admit there are 4 UV CCFL's in use there, but, the Titan with only 2 screams, then when I popped on 4 CCFL tubes and 4 CCFL Fans, well, it got rediculious, considering the whole clear case was UV reactive, it actually hurts to look at it for more than a couple of minutes.

    The Modfather, Mar 1, 2006
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the UV lights. I get some glowing, but not much. I've never used four of them in one case though.

    bigal, Mar 15, 2006
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Two should be enough so long as what you're trying to get to react to the UV is within visual line of sight of the CCFLs. Is it possible that what you're thinking is UV reactive isn't actually UV reactive? That can happen, some things that look like they should be, aren't. One easy way to test it is to get an old black light poster and see if it makes that pop.

    Or just a white T-Shirt, that should glow quite well.

    Admitedly, the CCFL's don't do as good a job as a full blown flourescent black light tube, but they do work.

    The Modfather, Mar 15, 2006
  7. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Update: My OsbornAgain is in the news again. If you find the May 23rd issue of PC Magazine (has the chipmonk on the cover), look on page 119 at "Mod World". It's just one picture and some text, but it was a total surprise to see it!

    bigal, May 4, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey Hey! Congratulations! That's awesome!

    Hmm, I wonder if my rig will make it to the pages of a wrestling magazine? :)

    The Modfather, May 5, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It might. I bet it would look great on the front cover. Why not pick out a few magazines and send them some pictures when your machine is complete?

    bigal, May 5, 2006
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Thats swigit Al, man i wanna get a project of mine in a Magizine :) maybe this new one i am working on, MINI COMPUTER!!! :)

    unholy, May 6, 2006
  11. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I might just take that advice. With ECW's PPV coming up next month, perhaps London Publishing would be interested, they're not too far from where I live, over in Blue Bell, they publish Pro Wrestling Illustrated, The Wrestler and Inside Wrestling as well as a bunch of boxing mags.

    The Modfather, May 6, 2006
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It is pretty nice to get into a magazine. That picture came from the on-line interview, to it paid off in an unexpected way. Good luck with your Mini Computer project.

    bigal, May 6, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I really doubt they'll be interested but, who can tell? I've been in mags before though, remember PC Modder v.2.0? The Titan. And PCE had the Chopper in it.

    The Modfather, May 6, 2006
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yes, you've been getting the recognition you deserve. Maybe that's what keeps us going. Well, maybe that and money.

    bigal, May 6, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Its always about the recognition, and the money, cause if we didn't have any money nothing could happen. :|

    unholy, May 7, 2006
  16. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0

    The Modfather, May 7, 2006
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You didn't get the $500 yet?? It's been a month at least right? I got mine within a couple of weeks. Sounds fishy to me....

    bigal, May 7, 2006
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Over two months actually.

    Dude said that he'd "been trying to contact me to get my snail mail" but he did ask for that and I did email him it, months ago. No other communications came from him until I contacted Bawls at their main site (not the one for the gamers/modders, the main one) and then I got that email. So I re-sent the info, waited a few days, sent another and asked him to confirm if he got it and he said that yes, they did and it's taken care of. <Shrug> I just hope it shows up today. I've pretty much wiped out the bank account this month.

    The Modfather, May 8, 2006
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I wish you luck. At least we know the contest was real. You should get the money.

    bigal, May 9, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Its a matter of time, probably stumpped with the removal of the Contest which is going to be replaced.

    unholy, May 9, 2006