Long term project - Osborne Executive Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Nov 14, 2005.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    100.0%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hmmmm....

    What's wrong with Mr.? He is 19 now. Master Tom makes me feel inferior. My other son is Mr. Chris.

    Regarding the server, we used several this past weekend. I think the main one was called "X.frag.com", where X was some name that began with an "A". There was a list of 4 similar servers with this common name.

    In the game, I was "Big-Al", Mr. Tom was "Bombadilido", Mr, Chris was "SuicidalJellyFish", and my friend Greg was "Uncle Greg".:fight:

    bigal, Jan 19, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    No no tell Uncle Greg to mod his name to Uncy Greg. An sucicidaljellyfish should be "mr. Box Jelly Fish".

    Hey Modfather be on skype from 5pm til whenever, Australian +10 GMT.

    I will give you server details :) make sure u have CSS though because theres only 2 of us with UT2k4 :(

    If your not on skype i ahve 2 other contacts.

    MSN: [email protected]
    xfire: unholystudios
    skype: unholystudios

    :) its a lan.

    unholy, Jan 19, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I doubt I'll be on tonight, got lots of stuff to do tonight, have to go do some work on the Necro, also in conjunction with that is a review I need to take pics for, wanted to go visit my dad and pester him about getting me the used xbox for my birthday (bum never does remember to do anything). :) So I doubt I'll be around, but if I am I'll turn skype on.

    Al... Okey dokey, if you say so. You mean your name isn't actually Al? I thought it was.

    The Modfather, Jan 19, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Baby light my fire....

    ....Hey, my package from SVC came tonight. I've got tons of cold cathode lights, all in the 4" length. I installed three sets of green ones on my new glass tower, which shall now be used to store games within an arms reach.

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Jan 20, 2006
  5. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Turned out very nice :) All I did was put a red LED fan in the back of my pc :(

    XhArD, Jan 20, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks.

    How about a picture of your system? We need pictures for the next screensaver - not sure when that's coming out. Any ideas? Maybe a Valentines Day Screensaver? You know, the systems we love most....:razz:

    bigal, Jan 20, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol i think i make make a choclate box computer for that screen saver :)

    hehe nice Al :) i noticed you used the top quality SunbeamTech CCFL's. :)

    Dont really like the idea of putting that much weight on glass but i dont even know how strong that glass is so :p

    unholy, Jan 20, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Al, that looks very cool but, where did you put the CCFL's that they made the glass all light up like that? I don't see them in the pics at all. How many did you use per piece of glass and where are they located?

    The Modfather, Jan 21, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sunbeamtech?

    I thought they were Logicsys. Go check www.svc.com and look for the cheap 4" Cold Cathode lights.

    All these lights are mounted to the back edge of the glass tops. The secret....wait a minute, let me close the door.....is using 3" black duct tape! This more readily hides itself, and it is wide enough to cover the tube and grip the glass on both sides. I have two rolls of this tape, because you can't find it in regular stores - you have to order it online.

    bigal, Jan 22, 2006
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Theres only one company that makes Blue invertors. and one company that makes then 12-680v. Thats Sunbeam. And the packaging of those cathodes in the back is exactly like sunbeams.

    remember my display of stuff. heres a link.
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/sbmg_0036.jpg

    Ps i wouldn't mind some of though Small CCFL's for my ITX mod, i cant find them anywhere over here :|

    unholy, Jan 22, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Jan 22, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Cool Al, I'll have to try that.

    Unholy, where on earth did you get the idea that only Sunbeam makes blue inverters? Almost everyone makes blue inverters, it's harder to find them in any other color.

    The Modfather, Jan 22, 2006
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    :| but the packaging look so simalair and the inverters are the same as Sunbeams :|

    unholy, Jan 23, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Or maybe the sunbeams are similar to those? Ever think of that?

    I believe Antecs are blue as are a lot of others.

    The Modfather, Jan 23, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There are lots of devices...

    ...that look similar, and that's because they often come from the same manufacturer that just slaps a different name sticker or silk screen on the part for a new customer.

    bigal, Jan 23, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I am talking about the packaging its very odd that its simalair, though i do have comfirmation they aren't sunbeams CCFL's. They are Logisys or whereever logisys get them.

    unholy, Jan 23, 2006
  17. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Did it occur to you that not only do places manufacture the same products, they also manufacture the same packaging? Just the fact of the 10cm CCFLs coming in a 30cm package should at least give you the idea that there isn't exactly a huge market for CCFL packaging.

    XhArD, Jan 24, 2006
  18. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer but u think its wouldn't be so god dam same. the dam picture on the front is the same and all.

    unholy, Jan 24, 2006
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The same could be said for humans...

    ...and Australians. We all look the same to the uneducated eye. Hey, remember that Star Trek episode where a black/white guy was being chased through the galaxy by a white/black guy? That really sent a good message at the time. Too bad they both ended up in an enternal struggle. :lollypop:

    bigal, Jan 24, 2006
  20. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hahahahahahaha!

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Oh, and the black/white guy episode: "Let that be your last battlefield", they were from the planet Sharon. :)

    scary that I know this crap isn't it?

    The Modfather, Jan 24, 2006