Long term project - Osborne Executive Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Nov 14, 2005.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    100.0%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Huh, whaddya mean it's out in beta? The Battle for Middle-earth came out like Fall of last year. You smokin' something?

    The Modfather, Jan 11, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nope.

    It's some new beta that I believe will require an on-line subscription. My son was able to download and particiapte in it during the limited window of beta subscriptions. I don't know anymore details. I did ask him when the full release comes out, and he doesn't know. I'll have to ask him more about it.:fluff:

    bigal, Jan 11, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dude, I bought the game (It's a MMORPG, yes) back in like August or September of last year, it's been out for a long time, it's old news. I think it was out before Guild Wars even. Check around, it's old.

    It's not a bad MMORPG if you're into that kinda thing. Ah, I know when it came out, same time as Rome: Total War, because I got that at the same trip to EB. The dude said they were both good and explained how they used the engine for Rome in some shows on the Discovery Channel or History Channel, yep, that's when it came out.

    The Modfather, Jan 11, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'll find out more...

    ...I'm telling you this is a new beta. I don't know what's new about this release, but it is new and there is a limited trial period. Wait and see.:fluff:

    bigal, Jan 11, 2006
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    its probably a rewrite. additional and better gameplay :p, get used to that stuff, Valve like to screw mod makers up by changing the source engine :|

    They usally dont use a 3D rendering engine for realtime 3D rendering. Unless its a super modified version, where detail is limited, and physics too.

    unholy, Jan 11, 2006
  6. bigal

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    ok hold up. Battle for middle earth was not an MMORPG, it was an RTS made by EA with the movie license. An they are currently working on Battle for middle earth II, so its proly the beta for the newest instalment of BFME (as my friends alawys called it.)

    Gez, Jan 11, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    maybe modfather is thinking of something else.

    by any chance is the battel for middle earth have anything to do with Lord of the Rings? because i remember they had a game and it was a crappy rts... took for ever to load as well :|

    unholy, Jan 11, 2006
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Here is a link...

    Check this out:

    http://www.ea.com/official/lordoftherings/bfme2/us/home.jsp

    The game is called Battle for Middle-Earth II, and you can only get in on the beta release by purchasing a $10 pre-order box. Within the box is an identification code you need.

    Once again, BigAl is right....:fluff:

    bigal, Jan 11, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe i told ya so :)

    i looks like its based of the Bioware Auora Engine :)

    unholy, Jan 12, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ok, so it's not B4ME, it's B4ME 2, that's different. I knew B4ME was already out for some time now.

    I could have sworn it was a MMORPG though.

    The Modfather, Jan 12, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    it so looks like one :p, infact they actually look quite simalair :)

    unholy, Jan 12, 2006
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey...

    ....this Thursday I should be getting my cold cathode lights from www.SVC.com; they're gonna go on the new shelf unit that sits next to my glass desk. There are 3 shelves on this unit, and I've ordered 4 sets of green 4" cold cathode lights (one is a spare); along with two sets of blue ones. I think keeping the same green theme is wise, don't you guys agree?:???:

    bigal, Jan 16, 2006
  13. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Wise? I dunno about that... It just means you like green :p A wise person probably wouldn't spend squillions of dollars on groovy lights. In a quote from Uncle Jesse, Dukes of Hazzard "I know you stink and I know you're rich, but you ain't stinkin' rich."

    XhArD, Jan 17, 2006
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Remember...

    ...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hold all negative comments until you see it. Positive comments are always welcome, however.:rofl:

    bigal, Jan 17, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    someones trash is always someone else's prize. i found 2 ps2 extension cables in the dump shop, got them for $0.00 + $0.00 Postage Handling

    unholy, Jan 17, 2006
  16. bigal

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    *ahem* who was right? I told you all that it was BFME2 and that it was not an MMO. sheesh, give credit where credit is due. :p

    Gez, Jan 17, 2006
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    ummmm did u just say it wasn't a MMO, i thought al's son only played mmo's thats makes no sense :|

    unholy, Jan 18, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Mr. Tom...

    ....plays all sorts of games. But that shall end very soon, because he goes back to university next Monday. He's gonna be busy too, with a full course load. No time for gaming, 'cept our periodic Call of Duty 2 frag fests.:razz:

    bigal, Jan 18, 2006
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    What server do you play COD2 on?

    And you call your son Mr.?

    The Modfather, Jan 18, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol its supposed to be more like, "Jr. Tom Haid", he is inferior to you :p

    Just like i am superior to Modfather :p

    unholy, Jan 18, 2006