    two systems that are both doing this(!) Is it a sign that the Mobo is
    not long for this world?

    Dave

    Dave Hardenbrook, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Dave Hardenbrook

    Gerard Bok Guest

    Could be. But more likely, your systems are waiting for a
    non-responding DHCP server.
    To find out: (temporary) assign a static IP address.

    An other --but rather similar-- reason would be, that you have
    some nasty software installed that attempts to contact something
    on the web prior to any boot.
    (Use a sniffer, like Wireshark, to find out.)

    Gerard Bok, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Dave Hardenbrook

    smackedass Guest

    Could be a dying hard drive? Could be coincidence that it is happening on
    two systems?

    My first thought.

    sa

    smackedass, Mar 27, 2008
  4. Dave Hardenbrook

    Sean Cleary Guest

    I have seen this with a computer that had wireless mouse and keyboard.
    It would boot normally with std mouse and keyboard and took several
    minutes to do so in its natural configuration

    Sean

    Sean Cleary, May 15, 2008