    great too... and I really like the way Amazon handles return of faulty
    discs. In fact, I'm about to tackle DVDSoon about a fault on my Random
    Harvest disc -- that'll put them to the test.....

    Anthony, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Anthony

    Lester Bangs Guest

    I can beat that ...

    Stephen King Box Set - On Order when I placed the order

    Ordered 10 th Jan 2005, shipped 12th Jan, arrived 16th Jan

    Standard Shipping Canada to Geelong, Australia

    Sweet !
    log in to your account
    print out a RMA
    Sign it, scan it and email back to DVDSoon.
    wait a week replacement will appear in Pending Orders
    shipment when they get in stock ....

    They just replaced my damaged Matrix Box !

    --
    Regards

    Lester Bangs
    No [SPACE] to reply
    Bored ... Check out what drains my wallet.. consistently
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=ppurcell&sc=C&type=O&ls=D

    "Festivous for the Rest of Us" - Costanza Senior

    Lester Bangs, Jan 20, 2005

  3. " I can beat that..."
    Sounds like the 'scar competition' scene from Jaws ! lol

    andrew.upton4, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Anthony

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    I hope they'll replace my damaged Looney Tunes boxset. Two of the
    discs keep falling out when I close it because the DVD holders got
    smashed (either at the warehouse or in transit). It's ashame I can't
    just get the case replaced as there is nothing wrong with the discs.
    Being part of a set I'll play regularly I feel an un-damaged case is
    warranted. It's ashame I can't replace the damaged DVD holders myself
    - they seem to be glued on.

    I faxed the form to them on Wednesday.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Anthony

    Lester Bangs Guest

    That's the same that happen with my Matrix Box. The Disks are perfect, but
    the case was ripped. I asked for a case, but got the whole set again.

    Lester Bangs, Jan 20, 2005
  6. Anthony

    Ben Thomas Guest

    How much do they charge for shipping? What about aussie sites?

    My Digital World:
    Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
    Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

    Disclaimer:
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Jan 20, 2005
  7. Anthony

    Guest Guest

    Re postage -- Until recently, airmail postage from DVDSoon was free.
    Now it's about $5 a disc. But they have a membership program which
    costs, from memory, around $65 -- that's in perpetuity, not per year.
    That should be paid off pretty quickly since membership gives free
    airmail postage and a 5 per cent discount off purchase price.
    Re Australian sites, I use ezydvd.com.au, and atlanticdvd.com and
    dvdorchard.com. I use DVDSoon (and sometimes Amazon and DVDPacific) for
    the titles you can't buy here in Australia, plus discs with substantial
    musical content, since NTSC avoids the 4 per cent lift in pitch we
    suffer due to the PAL film transfer speedup.

    Guest, Jan 24, 2005
  8. Anthony

    hbird Guest

    You got that membership bit wrong - the Fidelity iCard is an annual thing -
    you have to pay CA$49.98 every 12 months to remain a member. BUT you don't
    have to make many purchases before you reap the rewards - free shipping,
    some quite impressive membership discounts, special deals etc

    hbird, Jan 24, 2005
  9. Anthony

    gwall Guest

    True. I got my money's worth in about 2 months.

    gwall, Jan 24, 2005
  10. And I use Ezydvd.com.au for titles I can't get in the USoA.

    Even with the $4.50AU shipping to here the prices are still great.

    Bill

    I use DVDSoon (and sometimes Amazon and DVDPacific) for

    Bill Vermillion, Jan 25, 2005