    and months but I lost the details when my PC got rebuilt.

    Thanks in advance for advice.
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock

    thing Guest

    What are the news groups?

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Jan 29, 2005
  4. alt.binaries.fonts is the one I am trying to access. I have posted this
    request there also but the regulars are on their northern hemisphere
    weekend until Tuesday our time.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Mrs Beeble Brock, Jan 29, 2005
  6. Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 30/01/2005 11:49 a.m.:
    Binaries (as in the mime encoded attachments) are not on Google also
    most News Servers only keep binary articles for a short time due to
    storage space requirements.
    I have just checked Orcons current server and it has the group and posts
    appear to be complete back to 21 Jan only.

    Was it a particular font post that you where after, I have a very large
    font collection and may already have it?

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Jan 29, 2005
  7. Thanks for the explanation and kind offer. I've managed to get pretty
    much everything now so am fine font-wise.
    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jan 29, 2005
  8. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Adder Guest

    You shouldnt expect a binary group to have any degree of reliability at
    all
    binary groups consume huge bandwidth
    and of course there are copyright issues with any stuff people share

    Adder, Jan 30, 2005
  9. Mrs Beeble Brock

    BIG Bear Guest

    Try Easynews, most and if not all Free News Servers don't carry Binaries..

    BIG Bear , Jan 30, 2005
  10. Mrs Beeble Brock

    BIG Bear Guest

    Try Easynews, most and if not all Free News Servers don't carry Binaries..

    Just checked, goes back to the 18/12/04

    BIG Bear , Jan 30, 2005
  11. Mrs Beeble Brock

    ~misfit~ Guest

    That could be because Google (like Deja before it) doesn't archive binaries.
    Can you imagine the space required?

    ~misfit~, Jan 30, 2005
  12. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Kookaburra Guest

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Jan 30, 2005

  13. Yay - that's it! Brilliant - Thanks so much Kooky.

    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Jan 30, 2005
  14. Mrs Beeble Brock

    steve Guest

    Download the posts (as though for offline reading) and set your local
    expiry to something longer than 30 days.

    Much easier and simpler than searching the world for a server (Google
    Groups?) who keeps old stuff for ages.

    steve, Feb 1, 2005