    <http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/59A7846C896BEA95CC2575E5007D8F33>,
    because it's just too expensive to keep running.

    What will they replace it with, I wonder?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 2, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    Even if people prefer Windows / MS Office desktops the 'engine' behind
    the whole thing is often a Linux server, since Linux has the 'grunt'
    to get the job done safely and reliably and there are no SAL's to
    purchase. So even if head counts of Linux machines seems small, the
    real work handled by each machine is vastly greater. Not to mention
    that any head count of Linux machines is very unreliable since there
    are no licences to count up.

    peterwn, Jul 2, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 4, 2009