Logitech MX700 with MX Duo purchase - PS/2 or USB config?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dimize, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. dimize

    dimize Guest

    I had an MX700. I have been quite happy with it. It was on my PC using
    a USB connection and a seperate USB keyboard.

    I damaged my keyboard and needed a new one and decided to purchase the
    MX Duo from Logitech, which includes a wireless keyboard and another
    wireless MX700. So, my wife will be using the previous MX700.

    However, in the instructions for setting up the Duo, it suggests
    plugging in both the mouse and keyboard into PS/2 connectors. I tried
    it with just the USB and it seems to work fine. But, does the PS/2
    connection operate slower is my question.

    Mainly, I play games and would like to get the optimal performance out
    of both the new mouse and keyboard. I thought using the PS/2 would be
    slower than USB - or does it even matter?

    The new mouse is a bit tough to get into the middle of a 0 at a fine
    point. It may be the mouse pad I'm using, or the fact that I have just
    USB in use.

    Thanks,
    Joe

    dimize, Oct 9, 2004

  2. dimize

    Ron Guest

    The PS2 connection should be the fastest.

    Ron, Oct 9, 2004