Lodos TV's AV out sound different to dvd or digital SCART input showing on screen

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TJ, Jul 10, 2005.

  1. TJ

    TJ Guest

    I've just installed a thompson digital box with SCART for freeview.
    Also have a DVD with scart connected.

    LODOS brand TV with an AV out with RCA jacks. I'm taking stereo sound
    out to an amplifier.

    Before I connected the digital box there was stereo sound out from both
    terrestrial TV and DVD.

    Now amazingly when you have DVD or digital TV showing on the monitor
    the only AV stereo sound out is from whatever RF terrestrial channel
    was previously showing! Although the TV speakers play sound of the
    dvd/digital program showing.

    It's like the TV pre-amp tap to the AV out jacks doesn't switch to the
    SCART sound input but stays on the RF terrestrial channel input. But
    the TV pre-amp and amp play the correct program for the TV speakers!

    Any ideas, suggestions please.

    Thanks
    TJ

    TJ, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Buy a decent TV.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jul 10, 2005

  3. TJ

    JANA Guest

    There is a problem with the input matrix circuits in the TV, or it is of a
    poor design. This is a common thing in the low priced TV sets.

    I would think you should get a discent TV. The one you have would not be
    worth to take in for service. Also, for that brand there are no service
    manuals or parts support.

    If you want a discent TV set that will do what you want, look at the brand
    names, such as Sony, Panasonic, or Hitachi to start with. Stay away from the
    low priced non-brand names.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jul 10, 2005
  4. TJ

    TJ Guest

    My dear chap,

    I already spent over £3,000 on psychoanaylsts to combat stress over
    the decision to buy this set from Sainsburys at £159. How much more do
    you want me to spend?

    Please do give my kind regards to His Grace The Duke of Rutland, and
    Little Lord Fauntleroy while you're at it.

    TJ

    TJ, Jul 10, 2005
  5. TJ

    Fred Guest

    That's NORMAL, don't listen to the trolls who are trying to convince you
    that you have a problem.
    Straw man, JANA. Straw man. Do you find it easier to win when you
    misrepresent someone else's position so you can attack it more easily? You
    know, knock down a conjured up, misrepresented position, then conclude that
    /MY/ original position has been demolished?
    Who in their right mind would get a discent tv, JANA?
    Why do you think I have would not be worth to take in for service, JANA?
    That's your problem.
    Why would anyone want a discent tv set that will do what I want?
    Unfounded.

    Fred, Jul 10, 2005
  6. TJ

    JANATARD Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Jou fokken JANATARD.

    JANATARD, Jul 10, 2005
  7. TJ

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <the sign post is just up ahead the Twilight Zone>
    <g>

    Duane Arnold, Jul 10, 2005
  8. Ram a bag of twiglets up yer arse.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jul 10, 2005
  9. TJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That is such an intriguing and beautiful quote - why do you have to ruin it
    by spewing forth such vileness above it?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 10, 2005
  10. Would you prefer I put the sig at the top?
    Besides, did you never see the "twiglet zone" advert?

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jul 10, 2005
  11. TJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Twiglet zone? Twilight zone? Are we using a different language here? ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 10, 2005
  12. TJ

    TJ Guest

    As it turns out this Lodos is a rebranded HITACHI - and with a better
    spec than the original! Why you can only get output from RF input - and
    nothing else, as I now discover from the fine print in the
    instructions, defies the imagination.

    But for £159 you find a better 28" widescreen TV. Beggars, as our
    aristocratic correspondent from Grantham will tell you in no uncertain
    terms, can't be choosers.
    TJ

    TJ, Jul 10, 2005
  13. You could have got a £1000 Pioneer 32" flat, widescreen, digital TV and
    stand for less than £400 if you knew where to look. Only 50Hz though.
    About the same time the 28" model was just under £300. The non-digital
    version was some £80 cheaper. Maybe you should have paid the extra £60.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jul 10, 2005
  14. TJ

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <g>

    Duane Arnold, Jul 11, 2005
  15. TJ

    TJ Guest

    It was an impulse purchase last December. Saw it in the shop. Checked
    the internet for reviews. Nothing bad since Sainsburys sold the first
    batch in May 04. Went back and loaded it on a trolley. Has worked great
    since. Frankly for £159 I never expected as much. Boosted HIFI sound I
    can live without on DVD/digital shows. If it lasts another 2 years I'm
    way ahead of the game, By then all the latest digital kit now at
    premuim prices will be much reduced as 'value' returns on the
    highstreet menu.

    TJ, Jul 11, 2005